No
107 26%
No, but I like Christian music.
29 7%
Yes, but I don't like Christian music.
68 17%
Voters: 408.
Page 1 of 5
Well, here's a place where you can talk about your favorite Christian rock bands, if there isn't another one. I mean Christian rock, and also Christian metal. Switchfoot, Demon Hunter, As I Lay Dying, etc.

EDIT: When I named those bands, I wasn't referring to them as Christian metal. I was just naming some examples of Christian bands in general. I'm well aware that Switchfoot aren't metal.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Last edited by Jacob6293 at Oct 23, 2009,
Wow. What a fucking moronic poll. And Demon Hunter and As I lay dying are NOT metal you twit.

dude, chill out. i like as i lay dying alright but im not a huge fan of most christian bands. that has nothing to do with them being christian, just that i dont really like most of their music.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Even though I'm a Christian, I don't like most Christian rock/music cause about 90% of it sounds like contemporary pop.

Five Iron Frenzy, Ace Troubleshooter, and Noggin Toboggan were pretty darn good when they were still bands. And Sanctus Real & Skillet continue to be great.
skillet is pretty cool. i like their cd "collide" more than any other ones.
well....sorry
who said as i lay dying isn't metal? they're flipping metalcore.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Quote by Jacob6293
who said as i lay dying isn't metal? they're flipping metalcore.

Foolish mortal. What is it that you're trying to say? I'm well aware that that they are metalcore, however, by no means are they metal.
most christian bands sound different to other bands...in a bad way. Thoguh i dont mind thousand foot krutch.
skillet is pretty cool. i like their cd "collide" more than any other ones.

yeah colide is my favorite to. anywayz my favorite christian bands is asy i lay dying/underoath/emery/dead poetic and good stuff like that
i'm not christian.

i like phil keaggy.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
A Billion Ernies
Ace Troubleshooter
Anam Cara
Anathallo
Anberlin
As Cities Burn
As I Lay Dying
August Burns Red
The Blamed
Bradley Hathaway
Brave Saint Saturn
Calibretto 13
The Chariot
Chasing Victory
Comeback Kid
Copeland
Craig's Brother
Danielson Famile
Dead Poetic
The Deadlines
The Deluxetone Rockets
The Dingees
Dogwood
Element 101
Embodyment
Emery
Eso Charis
Evergreen Terrace*
Every New Day
Extol
Fanmail
Far-Less
Fighting Jacks
Figure Four
Five Iron Frenzy
Further Seems Forever
Ghoti Hook
Hangnail
Haste The Day
Hawk Nelson
He Is Legend
Holland
Hopesfall*
The Huntingtons
Javelins
Jesus Wept
Joy Electric
The Juliana Theory
Living Sacrifice
Luti-Kriss
Ma$e
Mae
Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster
mewithoutYou
Mourning September
MxPx
Norma Jean
The O.C. Supertones
Pedro The Lion
Project 86
Relient K
The Rocket Summer
Rufio*
Showbread
The Showdown
Side Walk Slam
Sinai Beach
Slick Shoes*
Society's Finest
Spoken
Squad Five-O
Starflyer 59
Still Remains
Stretch Arm Strong*
Sufjan Stevens
Thrice
Underoath
Waking Ashland
xDISCIPLEx A.D.
xLooking Forwardx
Zao
*= used to be at some point or another
There are more.
To be honest Christian Bands that promote Christianity in their lyrics and interviews are totally lame...
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
^ I agree. It's almost like them kinda forcing their beliefs on other people. and no, im not christian tho, i'm a catholic. but yer, imo its kinda cool to see bands like my chemical romance in their video praying and stuff lol anywayy, wow, i like a lot of christian bands.. dang, mae, waking ashland, juliana theory and further seems forever are great tho.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
well your cool you have a taste in music but anyone else....

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
Member number 5 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Jazz
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
Christian bands for for douche-bags. Sort of like Christianity in general. No offense, of course.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
well, unlike the people who dont list any christian bands and just talk bad about christian bands, i like The Afters and fusebox, those are the ones i like that havent been mentioned. both have a purevolume if you ever want to listen to them.
I hate it how people judge Christian music as bad just because its religious and so much of it sounds like contempory pop. Sure, there are more Christian bands/artists I dislike than like, but I at least have an open mind about it. They're not all bad, people.
I really hate christian music besides flyleaf. Dont ask me why i like them though
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Noggin Toboggan
12 Stones
Project 86
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
scuse me but cant u express your views in a way that dusnt disrespect wat were on about

Can't spell crap without rap
official member of the 'say no to hip-hop' club =]

founding member of the 'i'm in the 8%of teenagers who likes real music' club
pm me or Johnsonville to join
The only Christian band i care for is Creed. And i don't give a damn if they say they're not christian, they are.
Kinda funny how non-Christians can tolerate every religion on the planet except Christianity. I'm not really offended or suprised that such hate is directed at us, it's only to be expected. Christ said that we would be blessed if we were persecuted and that we should expect it.

The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing and the Bible is full of it.

But good Christian bands? I don't like a ton, but KJ-52 isn't too bad.
what happened to the proposed Kirk Hammett flamenco album?

His acoustic didn't sound good with wah pedal, I suppose.
christianity is by far the best thing to ever happen to me.....il leave it at that for now

but anyways yea i dont listen to much christian rock because i like the shred and like nobody in christian rock shreds

five iron frenzy is my favorite christian band
Guys what about Stryper? They are like the best Christian Band ever. Check them out. Get these songs.
To Hell With The Devil
The Way
In God We Trust
Soldiers Under Command

those are a few of the good ones.
MEMBER OF THE UGERS FOR AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE

Member Number 12 of the Iron Maiden are Gods Club. PM Revelations to Join

Sergeant Simmons of the KISS Army: UG Regiment PM Sloopy to join

Member of the "I Remember Old Nickelodeon Club"
I really don't notice if the bands that I'm listening to are Christian bands or not to be honest...if I like the music I'll listen to it. Besides most lyrics can be open to interpretation by the listener so I don't have issues with the lyrics...
Quote by Mercy Me

I can only imagine what it will be like, when I walk by your side...
I can only imagine, what my eyes will see, when your face is before me!
I can only imagine. I can only imagine.

Surrounded by your glory, what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of you, be still?
Will I stand in your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine! I can only imagine!

Easily the most homoerotic song about Jesus Christ I've ever heard.

(They played that **** at my gym. Let me tell you, nothing movivates me to stay fit more than a song about making out with Jesus or whatever.)
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
I like Cast in Crowns. They're a descent Christian band. Also...NewsBoy is ok. But a lot of Christian music just sounds like they're trying to cpy the pop that is popular now.
Jazzer by day, rocker by night

Gear:

Washburn Lyon- (my mate)- Maverick
Fender Acoustic- (my brother)- Lou
and my favorite

Selmer Hummingbird
Reference 54 Alto Saxophone (my baby)- Apollo
Quote by waldorphPRS41
*uber long list of bands*

Geez, I hope you save that somewhere so you don't have to type it out everytime lol.

A lot of my favorite bands are Christian bands like Emery, Uneroath, As Cities Burn, etc. It's weird how it all happened that way though.
Your're poll is missing "No, and I don't like christian music"

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
Quote by totenkopf

Foolish mortal. What is it that you're trying to say? I'm well aware that that they are metalcore, however, by no means are they metal.
Why be so uptight? Because of four little letters? I mean, yes, I agree, they're a metalcore band, but if someone said they were a metal band I wouldn't rip their head off. It's mostly all relative.

There's a difference between Christian bands and band members who are Christian and incororate this into their lyrics and songwriting. For example, a lot of Thrice's lyrics are quite subtle in their imagery, but 'Image of the Invisible' in particular is more obvious. I wouldn't call them a Christian band, but obviously people are influenced by the world, their beliefs and their values. That's cool, whether Christian or whatever.
i'm not so sure that Thrice is Christian actually i'm pretty sure they aren't and as for Creed their singer went to Pensacola Christian College and got kicked out
if at first you dont succeed....FAILURE MUST BE YOUR STYLE
oh and favorite Christian Band EVER = FIF but i also like Demon Hunter, As I Lay Dying, the Agony Scene (even though they aren't really Christian anymore) oh and Dead Poetic and August Burns Red + MxPx
if at first you dont succeed....FAILURE MUST BE YOUR STYLE
Page 1 of 5