Im sure everyone as a young kid has made a guitar out of an old kleenex box and rubber bands or at least seen one, but the thing is they probably never actually sounded like guitars. Last night i was watching a tv show about a guy in prison and to pass time a made an actual guitar out of dental floss and carboard, the guitar actually sounded pretty good i couldnt believe how good it sounded and it inspired me to build a guitar out of house hold materials so over the next 30 days i am going to make a daily post of my progress with pics

please post your opions or suggestions
sounds awesome but frustrating as hell for you. good luck.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
I actually had an old guitar built of compressed cardboard...sounded terrible.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Afri-cans.....they actually play pretty nice, good country-ish twang from some of them.

Anyway, are you just gonna use elastic bands for the strings?
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
i take it this is going to be an acoustic... that is assuming that your going to use houshold items in ALL aspects of the guitar...
"Love is like an onion, the more layers you peel off, the more it stinks"
-Ed, Ed, Edd, and Eddy
Its going to be an accoustic and the strings will be made of dental floss, i was working on some rough drawings today which i will post later tonight
Good god...this is better than the junk drumkit that someone here made......where did he go?
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
The dental floss will break before you can bring it to a sufficient tension methinks...can't always believe what you hear on TV, especially when the reporter knows **** about guitars
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
The dental floss will break before you can bring it to a sufficient tension methinks...can't always believe what you hear on TV, especially when the reporter knows **** about guitars

On the tv show i heard him playing the guitar
maybe it would work if you get "prison grade" dental floss.
just kidding, but you could probubly[forgive me my spelling is terrible] wind a few pieces of floss together like a rope or something. i agree that this is going to be a total pain in the ass, but i still cant wait untill it is finished, i might do something like this during the summer when im bored as hell...
member #2 of the hippies kickass club
that would work, wind different numbers of strands for the different gauges....
"Love is like an onion, the more layers you peel off, the more it stinks"
-Ed, Ed, Edd, and Eddy
I doubt it will work.

If it does though, take soundclips