Hey I was wondering if it's possible to lose callouses. If so, how? and what can you do to not lose them. Besides practicing a lot of course.
You do lose them... they build up, stay for a while, then deteriorate. thats usually the point where you start bleeding a lot. then they grow back.

done
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
getting your fingers wet makes you lose them a lot faster.

any kind of moisture for that matter.

besides lemon juice, i think, becuz of its acidity, which is actually good for callouses... im PRETTY sure on that one.

anyone have tips on building callouses tho in general?? i think im a little diff than most in that i build callouses much easier on thin strings (guitar strings) than on bass strings...

so my obvious choice would be guitar... but.... meh.... its hard to finger pick on guitar for me :P
Quote by mangablade
getting your fingers wet makes you lose them a lot faster.

any kind of moisture for that matter.

besides lemon juice, i think, becuz of its acidity, which is actually good for callouses... im PRETTY sure on that one.

anyone have tips on building callouses tho in general?? i think im a little diff than most in that i build callouses much easier on thin strings (guitar strings) than on bass strings...

so my obvious choice would be guitar... but.... meh.... its hard to finger pick on guitar for me :P

Yeah I know what you mean about guitar. I think it helps my callouses when I fingerpick on my guitar but it's really hard.
I find that if I play a hard hour long practice session and then run my fingers under some really cold water for a couple of minutes my fingers get really tough callouses on them. I normally do that if I have a gig coming up in a few days that would take its toll on my fingers.
slammed my penis in the toilet seat when I was 7-8yrs old,when I tried to run away,it got caught and stretched out, now it is huge,and I have the good ol shxtter to thank

Member of the Anti-Hotpunksk8rgirl club. PM X Alkaline 3 to join