Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting an electric.. it will be my first one. I've set myself a budget of $400-450 AUS. I know that only giving a budget doesn't provide much information, but I don't know too much to be honest. I was wondering which guitars you guys would recommend?

Also if anyone could give a name of a couple of good guitar stores in sydney, that'd be great.

Thanks! B.
dude just oreder it online. u find them for alot cheaper than in the stores. oh and check out the PRS SE series i paid about 400 american for it. thats the best guitar to get for that price in my opinion, better than any fender at the same price thats for sure. uhm im not sure how to convert american dollars into other currency so im not sure how much it would be for u sorry
450 Australian dollars = 345.78 U.S. dollars

Guitar World is an online Australian guitar store.

Check out the Washburns and Corts, they make decent guitars in your price range.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at May 4, 2006,
400-500 you probably could get away with a squier at that price or maybe an ibanez. anyway what state do you live in
Quote by azn_guitarist25
400-500 you probably could get away with a squier at that price or maybe an ibanez. anyway what state do you live in

New South.

Thanks for the replies guys!