Hey all,

Okay, this is the 1st time I've done this. Let me know if anything is wrong.

I decided to record this song purely for fun (not intended for public viewing), but I ended up adding more and more to it. It's definitely not perfect, as it was originally just supposed to be guitars only. So, expect some minor timing issues with the drums and whatnot. Also, it's not exactly like the original. Some parts are shortened and/or missing, due to the lack of vocals. The guitar solo made it in, but the ending after it did not.

Unfortunately, I'm not the biggest fan of keyboard drums, but I decided some parts could benefit, so I scattered them (literally) throughout the song. It's the first time I've ever done keyboard drums and I think it turned out okay.

Here we go:

EDIT:

Sorry, the links have expired.

Thanks for all the insightful comments! I could fill a book with them.

I'm off to work on another one.
Last edited by Acoustic#3 at May 7, 2006,
Quote by PickNGrin
Nice use of panning. good grunge tone too. mixing seems fine, you have a nice mix of guitars too.
OK, I'm near the end now, yeah -a little funky, like a lot is going on and maybe slightly out of sync. But --hey--ITS ALL TOU! Not somebody else's pre-recorded backing track -always something to say for that. It it sounds like a reasonanble complex peice too!
Nice job!

I have tons of stuff going on and, the skeletal structure, wasn't the best thing to layer. It's going on it's own time because I was just messing around. Which was a bad idea, as I became serious with the layers. Next time, I'll make sure the foundation is 100% secure before I put stuff on top. I've listened to it so many times, that I've become blind to some faults that may seem obvious to another, but you are right, good or bad, it's more satisfying to have it be 100% me.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was going for with the tone. Grunge-like, something real raw, with some crunch. Especially for the intro, as I toned it down later in the song.

Glad you liked the mix! I spent some sleepless nights going over different panning/volume options and it's nice to have it be noticed.

Thanks for the perspective Pick.
Last edited by Acoustic#3 at May 5, 2006,
Nice use of panning. good grunge tone too. mixing seems fine, you have a nice mix of guitars too.
OK, I'm near the end now, yeah -a little funky, like a lot is going on and maybe slightly out of sync. But --hey--ITS ALL TOU! Not somebody else's pre-recorded backing track -always something to say for that. It it sounds like a reasonanble complex peice too!
Nice job!
Visit me at Guitarmasterclass.net and Marcseal.com!