ok 2 quick things, i need advise on both of these things.

1. im planing on buying a new amp for about $1000 aus, i dont want a stack\ half stack due to mobility, it has to be good for playing live , i dont need any built in effects, i want it to take pedals well and just be an all round value for money amp

next thing.

im customizing my guitar (more like upgrading it) the pickups on it now are terrible (basic cheap replica pickups).

my guitar has two slots for hubuckers, a three way switch and 2 volume and 2 tone controls.... i want them for under $500 aus

thanks all, and by the way, i have a very basic knowledge of pickups and hardware so any help would be appreciated.

and this isnt for my dinky its for my first guitar, i dont even know what it is.

thanks again, this is all a big question, what amp would you suggest i look at and what pickups should i look at. happy now mr_hankey??, hehe.
Guitarist for Adelaide Post Hardcore band Emerald City EmeraldCityAU

Playing a Fender Blacktop Tele through an Orange Dual Terror and 2x12.
Last edited by .:Metal Boy:. at May 4, 2006,
Are you actually asking a question? You need to be more clear about what you want help with.
what music do you play?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i'll take a stab with his name.....metal

bareknuckle nailbomb for the bridge and mule for the neck. pro audio sells them for 289 each so your a little over budget. for your amp get a used Marshall DSL combo 40. should fetch about 1000ish.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
^ yep, should've checked the username, lol.

calibrated nailbombs would do fine as well- or even a miracle man or warpig set, if he wants more distortion...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ceramic Warpig!!!
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
For a touch less money I'd consider Bill Lawrence L500's. You wouldn't really need to change any other controls unless you wanted. That would leave you extra money for your amp purchase.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
^true. def. worth a look.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Bareknuckles > EMGs.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by Bing
Wow, no ones mentioned EMG's yet... do they cost more than $500 in australia?

nope they dont
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at May 6, 2006,
EMG's aren't that good
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
thanks all

basicly ive just purchased a new jackson dinky in the past month, i need a better amp than my bro's old behringer (man its crap....digital f&^k digital) so im getting a new one... duh....

my band plays metal and rock (all kinds of metal).

my previous guitar was a $500 les paul rip that ive just finished repainting and carving up and am looking for some new pickups so i can use it as a backup guitar at gigs.

thats just a little background on it.

the amp has to be able to keep up in a 4 piece, drums, 2 guitar and a bass + vocals
Guitarist for Adelaide Post Hardcore band Emerald City EmeraldCityAU

Playing a Fender Blacktop Tele through an Orange Dual Terror and 2x12.
roland cube 60
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
how much are you willing to spend on the amp

edit: get another 300 and get a traynor amp or get a blues junior for ~900 from musicians warehouse
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at May 7, 2006,