Hey guys....

I already know that EMGs are great...81-85 it's a great combination used by many guitarists and 60-81 is great too......etc....

But recently I saw Zakk Wylde Model EMG Pickups and Kerry King Model EMG Pickups...

Now I'm confused because Zakk and Kerry use 81-85....so those Zakk EMG model and Kerry Model are 81-85 but better?? I mean those "special" models are better than the other ones??...(the yare 81-85 anyway) Are they different? Does zakk or kerry REALLY use those special pickups or is it just a way of making money?
the kerry king pack has a PA-2, its a booster. thats the difference.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
And does that difference change the sound? is it MUCH better? if I buy a pack with 81-85 zakk wylde model will it sound more like zakk than a regular pair of 81-85???
Nope. just money grab.
Dimebag 1966-2004 RIP a true legend

Quote by RingmasterTJ
Dumbest thread ever...when shouldn't you get shit-faced drunk?

Quote by Dirk Gently

When I turn on the TV, I see nothing but black people.[/IMG]

Quote by ckellingc
I jerked off in Wyoming if that counts
12,000 feet ftw!!

Quote by gsr2k6
. Oh, Jesus hates you.
no it wont. the bost in the KK pack just means you flick it and your sound get louder, like for solos to cut thru. and yes the packs are just a way to make money.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
that's what I thought...thanks guys

hey joel try to answer some questions in my "very important question about ibanez" thread...i could use some help on that one......
Last edited by steinmann at May 4, 2006,
the Zakk Wylde pickup set isn't a way to waste money at all

an EMG pickup new is 99$ and the Zakk Wylde set is $200.

You would be paying the same money if you bought them seperately or bought the Zakk Wylde set.

I would just get the Wylde set.
i'd personally go out of my way not to buy the zakk wylde set. his beard intimidates me.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel

he looks like a viking!

but i think i'd prefer kerry's......i prefer metal instead of rock...heavier stuff...and it has that boost (I don't know if it's good but it's an extra feature that may be cool..)