Why are so many pop-punk (maybe emo) bands skaters (or used to be skaters)???

I got this list:

Green Day
Offspring
blink-182
New Found Glory
Sum 41

^And there are so many wannabe bands that are skaters too..

Why!? I don't see any connection!!
And I'm a skater myself and I play pop-punk music.. Gosh..
Did you see the stylish kids in the riot?

Quote by pinheadslts75
I hate AVA. They sound like U2 and Rush getting beat up by Panic at the Fall Out Boy.

:stickpoke
For the same reason that a lot of chavs / neds / wiggas listen to drum 'n bass. It's what you're around all the time, so it's what you grow to like.

Also, there's the fact that a lot of "entry level" pop-punk bands (ie. the ones most people first get into) sing about skateboarding or have it in their videos, so there's an instant connection.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Yakult
For the same reason that a lot of chavs / neds / wiggas listen to drum 'n bass. It's what you're around all the time, so it's what you grow to like.

Also, there's the fact that a lot of "entry level" pop-punk bands (ie. the ones most people first get into) sing about skateboarding or have it in their videos, so there's an instant connection.

perfect example...OPM! where the hell did those guys bugger off to?
I'm a Skater (Skateboarder too)...but i don't know why all the Pop-Punk-Bands skate...maybe the image?
Knedl mid Soß. Des moga!
^Yeah, probably..
Did you see the stylish kids in the riot?

Quote by pinheadslts75
I hate AVA. They sound like U2 and Rush getting beat up by Panic at the Fall Out Boy.

:stickpoke
green day cant skate board!!!- we'll billie joe couldnt when they started
www.street-dogs.com
www.randytheband.com
www.maroonhate.com
Quote by slash_015
I'm a Skater (Skateboarder too)...but i don't know why all the Pop-Punk-Bands skate...maybe the image?

Naa, they skate for the same reason they like pop-punk: it's what their peers do, and it's what they enjoy doing themselves. It's all to do with what scene you find yourself growing up with / hanging out with.

I for one wasn't really into pop-punk until I found myself in a pop-punk band and really immersed myself in it.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████