Page 1 of 3
Thom Yorkes vocals **** me so much in certain songs. Just the really long notes come out really whiny. And The Living End vocalist does more shouting than singing but its mainly Thom Yorke that ****s me. I just hate it when you get good bands with vocalists that just suck. Faker guys pretty bad too btw but its tolerable.

What are some other bands that are pretty good bands but the vocals bring it down.
Thom is amazing. The end.
マリ「しあわっせはーあるいってこないだーからあるいってゆっくんだねーん 
いっちにっちいっぽみーかでさんぽ
 さーんぽすすんでにっほさっがるー 
じーんせいはっわんつー!ぱんち・・・

"Success is as dangerous as failure. Hope is as hollow as fear." - from Tao Te Ching

The vocals in children of bodom

I LOVE the guitar riffs. In fact I'm teaching myself bed of needles right now. But the vocals are the most retarded screamo esque s*** I've ever heard. It's what keep me from listening to them.

They should kick out the singer or something.
Quote by spunky_chooken
Thom Yorkes vocals **** me so much in certain songs. Just the really long notes come out really whiny. And The Living End vocalist does more shouting than singing but its mainly Thom Yorke that ****s me. I just hate it when you get good bands with vocalists that just suck. Faker guys pretty bad too btw but its tolerable.

What are some other bands that are pretty good bands but the vocals bring it down.

I agree with you totaly!!!

If Radiohead had a female singer in there they'd be the best ****ing band in the world probably, it's just such as shame that they're let down by his vocals.
what the hell do u meen we r here in this world!!! we r proud of what we r!!!! so get used to it
ill kill u

how emo of you

ahahahahaha *dies of hillarity*

I need to lie down

Jesus that took me ages to do ::type
The Rasmus...this singer is BULLS*IT!!! Bill from Tokio Hotel(german "band"), too! And many more
Knedl mid Soß. Des moga!
hmm, but it's very hard to kick out children of bodom's singer, because the singer is also the guitarist
Amocracy over democracy.
Quote by Ihearthetfield
The vocals in children of bodom are s***. It's what keep me from listening to them.

I agree with what Ive quoted ^^
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by cool#9
any band with girl screamers, i cannot stand girls screaming cause i always think it's at me

Hah, I'm just imagining you walking through a shopping mall and a girl screamer comes on the store radio and you spinning around freaking out, heh. But I totally agree with everyone who's said New Found Glory, that guy is truly awful.
that wanker from avenged sevenfold
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
The vocals in children of bodom

I LOVE the guitar riffs. In fact I'm teaching myself bed of needles right now. But the vocals are the most retarded screamo esque s*** I've ever heard. It's what keep me from listening to them.

That's signature material man
for starters, theres no song called bed of needles, and aswell as being the guitarist like Tombi pointed out, Alexi is the bands frontman, how is anyone gonna kick him out?
Bodom pull off power/speed metal with harsh vocals excellently - if you don't like the singing, there are other bands similair without the "retarted sceamo esque" such as Sonata Arctica and Blind Guardian.

Alexi once said ( not exact words ) that " Children of Bodom are too death metal for heavy metal fans, and too heavy metal for death metal fans ". I can see where your coming from.
Last edited by Miek at May 4, 2006,
I've never heard a girl screamo band... hahaha mixin brittany spears, Fergie, christina Aguleria, Madonna, Kalan Porter and the chick from Scarling
Personally, i can't stand Amy Lee's voice. It's always seemed to me like she has a damn glob stuck down her throat or something. I don't know..just not a fan.
In no particular order:

All emo bands EVER except Killswitch, Michael Stipe, Dave Grohl, The Killers, The Bravery, The Strokes, Coldplay, Embrace, Arctic Monkeys, Hard Fi, Kaiser Chiefs, Franz Ferdinand, Axl Rose, Bono, Scott Stapp, Happy Mondays, Oasis, The Editors, Idlewild, Jack Johnson, Interpol, Stone Roses, MORRISSEY, Cheryl Crow, Bryan Adams, Def Leppard, JON BON JOVI, PETE F*CKING DOHERTY, Dirty Pretty Things, The Kooks, HIM, The Zutons...

I might add more yet.
I cant stand James Blunt... good lyrics and lots of emotion just a whiny voice
The crazy frog! And Dani Filth
Originally Posted by jajp001
White man came (Cumming noise)
Across the sea (Wow!!!)
Brought us pain (Right in the eye, it was)
And misery ( Points to pregnant sister)
Run to the hills, iron maiden
James Blunt, how could I bloody forget?!

Katy Tunstall can go on my list too.
Oh dear... i forgot james blunt!
Originally Posted by jajp001
White man came (Cumming noise)
Across the sea (Wow!!!)
Brought us pain (Right in the eye, it was)
And misery ( Points to pregnant sister)
Run to the hills, iron maiden
To threadstater: Can you imagine Idioteque being sung by anyone else? It would be crap. Thom makes Radiohead Radiohead.

I don't like generic Emo vocals. I can't remember any other vocalists I don't like. The usual reason why I don't like a band is because of the vocals.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
Dani Filth
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Coheed and Cambria. I was just never into all that high pitched stuff.

A New Found Glory (self explanitory)

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Dont know whether anybody put this yet, but in my opinion its Claudio Sanchez from c&c
Update - Scissor sisters, Keane, Snow Patrol.

Update to update - Feeder, The Offspring, Good Charlotte.
Last edited by tossom at May 4, 2006,
i'm assuming this is for a band i like, or else i could list a million. but of bands that make good music, but would make great music if it wasn't for the singer, Neutral Milk Hotel is at the top of my list. Some fascinating songs, i still listen to them occasionally, but really Jeff Magnum has the worst singing voice I have ever heard from a legitimate band.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Damn... i can't believe no one has said Simple Plan yet! I get a headache everytime a song of them plays on the radio..

P.S.: Radiohead rocks..
That idiot from Megadeth. Mustaine. Ohhh god. They'd be ok if he just did nothing. No singing, no guitar. Just stood there.

And, I second the generic emo singers. Ugh.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Quote by Davidleerothsha
I think the dude from Smashing Pumpkins voice is so annoying. I hate it.

What? His voice is sooooooothing, man
I never let vocals bother me when it comes to listening to bands. I mean...there are so many different ones and to not listen to a band because of the singer in my opinion is lame. Axl Rose is the essential example, he has a bad singing voice but I don't know Guns & Roses with any other voice than his.

There are exceptions obviously, especially when it comes to the handful of singers that I don't like. I don't like black/death/doom metal singers (they sound like cookie monster on crack) and I don't like emo/girly whiny voices. Singers with a cutting wail like Rob Halford are awesome because they can hit the high note and not sing like girls...and it compliments the badass musicianery behind the singer which always helps. More modern examples include the above mentioned Franz Ferdinand. Their cheesy guitar riffs (which I like) is enough to oversee the singer who at times can be annoying from my perspective.

The main thing is that I get annoyed by any singer after I listen to them for longer than one cd in a single setting which rarely ever happens.

And of course its all opinion, but the guy who said Dave Mustaine needs to not sing or play guitar needs to take into consideration that Megadeth is one of the 5 best thrash metal bands of the 80's. I personally like both Metallica and Megadeth but I favor Mustaine over Hetfield who tends to "bark" after particular words.
Bow down to the king....the King of Kings
Last edited by JackWhite1988 at May 4, 2006,
Quote by Vindicator
for some odd reason i dont like avenged sevenfold's vocals....

Me too, I HATE their singer...
n no particular order:

All emo bands EVER except Killswitch, Michael Stipe, Dave Grohl, The Killers, The Bravery, The Strokes, Coldplay, Embrace, Arctic Monkeys, Hard Fi, Kaiser Chiefs, Franz Ferdinand, Axl Rose, Bono, Scott Stapp, Happy Mondays, Oasis, The Editors, Idlewild, Jack Johnson, Interpol, Stone Roses, MORRISSEY, Cheryl Crow, Bryan Adams, Def Leppard, JON BON JOVI, PETE F*CKING DOHERTY, Dirty Pretty Things, The Kooks, HIM, The Zutons...

like half of that isn't emo anyway...dave grohl? bono? jon bon jovi? get your tags right
Page 1 of 3