Should PART A (labelled in the attachment) be in line like even with the body?? or should the tuning screws (PART B) be in line with the body?? PART A is higher then the body, but the top of the tuning screws seems even with the body.
Attachments:
floydrose.jpg
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
ok, that site sez that if i do dive bombs, ill break strings, but if i dont use the trem arm, will having it raised to any damage it?? (cause i dont use it)
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
....\__________.?
Part A needs to be parallel, like azn said.
Part B are just the fine tuners. You will need them when you lock your strings with the locking nut.

EDIT:

I dont see how dive bombs will break the strings as your only releasing the tension in the strings.

Im using .008s and i can do dives easily, and also the other way (increasing the tension all the way)
Been away, am back
sorry, i meant the other way not dive bombs and the guitar was set up for .9s and i put in custom .10s
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
....\__________.?
well i can still push mine down all the way (opposite of a divebomb) and not break the strings. I do iit all thet ime
Been away, am back
well then you would need to open up the back loosen your strings screw the screws in a bit then tune up hope part a is parallel to the body if it isnt repeat. or just wait for madpickin03

edit: that was to ts
Moving from .09s to .10s shouldnt be a problem, you just need to adjust the back screw so that the spring tension is balanced with the string tension. Do you know how to do this? And doing dive pull-up position, you have to be careful not to over-do it. I overdid it once and the D string breaks at the bridge. I guess im just too aggressive.... But seriously, you only need to be careful when tuning in standard, and downtuned strings should be fine when performing pull-up dives.

Rarely the strings will break because the string lockers will hit the body, thus stopping your bridge from moving upwards more. The string lockers are the one labeled (E).
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at May 4, 2006,
ummm mad picking, i dont really uase the tremolo dont know why i got it, but yeah, if its raised i just leave it, will it break or something bad happen if i play it? without using the trem arm of course.

And the thing you asked me if i could do it, the answer is no, today was the first time i change strings or anything to it since the day i bought it.
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
....\__________.?
I'd strongly suggest that you properly adjust your bridge so its parallel to the body like the site that i gave you. This can lead to many problems such as intonation, actions and also, the string lockers that i mentioned above (E) is supported by a stretchable-bendable metal (looks like a paper clip). See if you got it, every floyd rose should have it i think.

This string locker can be adjusted by the fine tuners for tuning purposes. This lockers will tend to bend if you just leave out your bridge in a pull-up position and i dont think its good in long term. Also, your strings are prone to break because the bridge is acting like a sharp knife because its cornered and not even. So your strings at the bridge can be crooked coz its not properly at 90 degree angle.

Breaking ur strings after you bend them is quite also possible coz of the bridge isnt proper. It can act like a knife edge and when you bend a note really high, it can snap. this is possible but i dont know whether it really happened before.

If you hardly use ur trem, y dont you just block it. Follow this step http://www.jemsite.com/tech/3other.htm#tremblock
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
can you give me a site that will explain and give me step by step instructions with pictures on how to loosen the springs so it will become level?

Btw, i have a licensed FR if that makes any difference
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
....\__________.?
Basic Floyd Rose Setup:

Tuning Floyd Rose:
1) Loosen the locking nut
2) Set your fine tuners to middle position
3) Tune up your guitar to standard or whichever tunings u wish
4) If the floating bridge comes out, loosen the tunings and then tighten the springs in the tremolo cavity at the back, if the bridge sinks, then vice-versa
5) If you're happy with your tunings and your bridge is well centered, lock in the nut
6) Tune again using the fine tuners

more info on tuning floyd roses - http://www.floydrose.com/originaltremolo.html
picture guide on how to perform the #4 step mentioned above - http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/floydrosetremolo.htm
http://www.jemsite.com/tech/1setup.htm#step1

*You need to be really really patient with the springs. At 1st, you tune your guitar to the tunings that you wish. See if the bridge is coming out or sinking in. If its popping out, then you loosen your strings a bit then tighten the spring claw's screw at the back a few turns. If the bridge is popping out, just loosen the spring claw's screw a few turns. Adjust both the screws so its parallel to each other.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic