I've been thinking about changing the bridge on my ibanez for a while know. The guitar is an EDR470EX, with a Lo-TRS II bridge.

On this site it says you can replace said bridge with either a Floyd Rose Original or a FR Pro, without having to do any routing. So I have a few questions.

Is this true (thought i'd get some more opinions before investigating further and spending any money)?

Which bridge is better, the Original or the Pro?

And finally, which bridge costs the most.

Thanks,
shmooty
Jemsite is pretty good, if they say so, I would trust them. I replaced the trem on an 1997 RG570 with an FR Pro. The Pro is just a lower profile than the original, like the lo-pro edge compared the the regular edge. The Pro is the most expensive. I paid 220 for a new one in gold finish.

Pic
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Cool, thanks for the info.

Can the FR Pro or Original bridges be fitted with those things that allow you to go to Drop-D tuning? I'm not sure what they're called, but they go on the end of the screws or something.
Thats a sick guitar^^ I guess you modded the rest , very nice colour scheme man.
Bit off topic sorry =/
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
thanks x0rsist Yeah, it's custom.

Quote by shmooty
Cool, thanks for the info.

Can the FR Pro or Original bridges be fitted with those things that allow you to go to Drop-D tuning? I'm not sure what they're called, but they go on the end of the screws or something.

You mean a D-Tuna? Only the original FR design(and LFR designs of the origianl) as far as I know. It uses the saddle bolt on the E string to raise and lower the pitch similiar to the fine tuners, but I think it needs the bolt to come out like on the original, rather than it being on top like the lo profile Pro.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503

You mean a D-Tuna? Only the original FR design(and LFR designs of the origianl) as far as I know. It uses the saddle bolt on the E string to raise and lower the pitch similiar to the fine tuners, but I think it needs the bolt to come out like on the original, rather than it being on top like the lo profile Pro.

That's the one

Ok, i'll look into getting a Floyd Rose original and a D-Tuna.

Nice guitar by the way, the colour scheme is really cool.

Thanks for you help Erock
np man, good luck with it.

post some pics when you get it together
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
np man, good luck with it.

post some pics when you get it together

That'll probably be a while, I gotta get some money together first. I've non left after buying tickets to see Iron Maiden in December, and Foo Fighters in july
Quote by shmooty
That'll probably be a while, I gotta get some money together first. I've non left after buying tickets to see Iron Maiden in December, and Foo Fighters in july

oh nice, easily worth it. You can buy an FR anytime.
amp clips
amp vids
Jemsite is pretty good, but you need to be careful. if you notice, it says that the OFR will fit both the Lo-trs and lo-trs II without any mods. it won't fit the lo-trs without drilling the holes for the studs a little larger (i have a lo-trs, and a gotoh trem which is the same size as an OFR).

you have a lo-trs II, so you should be fine.

EDIT: bear in mind, the d-tuna will only work if you set the trem up not to float.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
EDIT: bear in mind, the d-tuna will only work if you set the trem up not to float.

yeah, that's a good point. I wonder how the tremol-no would work with the D-Tuna?
amp clips
amp vids
^you might be able to work it with that, as long as you set up the trem to balance with the d-tuna disengaged, and then only use the d-tuna when you're in "dive-only" or "hardtail" mode.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?