~AdNy
Banned
518 IQ
good day, fellow UGers

in the next couple of months, my dad has tickets to a bunch of great showsone is John Lee Hooker at this tiny club close to where i live, and the other is Dickey Betts with Kenny Wayne Shepherd at the beacon in Ney York

i know a lot about dickey betts, as im a huge allman brother fan, but i want to know what can i expect from kenny wayne shepherd, and from JL hooker as well.

thanks
young_is_god
cha-rite
176 IQ
john lee hooker = legend. proper low down delta stuff but with that hint of class he brings to everything
keep blues alive
DopeDanny
UG Member
318 IQ
those shows r gonna be sick!!Kenny Wayne is great live,saw em twice before.they play Blue on Black last tie i saw him he did his own thing iwth purple haze i think it was.
Empire Records one of the best films ever.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren?
I thouht his name was Warren?

"slayer sabbath:
whats wrong with metal, has this website been taking over by power chording, girl pants wearing, emos?"
Last edited by DopeDanny at May 4, 2006,
IrishBlues
Eat A Peach for Peace
480 IQ
Yeah John Lee Hooker is dead ... but John Lee Hooker Jr. is probably who you are seeing. I never saw him but I have seen Kenny Wayne Shepherd at the B.B. King Blues Festival last year and it was incredible.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
~AdNy
Banned
518 IQ
thanks guys, im so pumped for these shows. yeah, sorry i didnt put Jr. in there. i think there are gonna be some really great gigs.
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue
1,943 IQ
I've never heard of John Lee Hooker, Jr., but if he's anything close to his dad, he'll be great. KWS with Betts sounds like a good show, too.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
FunkedUp
221 IQ
John Lee Hooker Jr.!??!?! How come we've never heard of him!? What's he like?
~AdNy
Banned
518 IQ
Quote by FunkedUp
John Lee Hooker Jr.!??!?! How come we've never heard of him!? What's he like?

thats what i wanted to know
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue
1,943 IQ
I said "I've never heard of"...........that was a typo, i meant "I've never heard." I've heard OF him, just never listened to him.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Encore_God
UG Legend
849 IQ
Hmm. Junior doesn't have the presence of his dad, but his voice/guitar is eerily similar. Sounds pretty cool, I'll check him out if he ever comes over here.
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.