Just a quick one, I'm just changing the strings on my RG and decided to block the trem and take all strings out at once so I can give the fretboard a bit of a clean, and I suppose the rest of the guitar if I'm starting.

What sort of things do you guys use to clean your geets? I know you can buy proper guitar polishes and oils, but I haven't got any of those to hand so what could I use?
i just used windex...works fine
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com
Should have mentioned that it is a clearcoat finish on body and rosewood fretboard.

Haven't heard of spic 'n span or windex

I've got some Mr Sheen in the cupboard, I know it will be OK for the body but will it be OK for the fretboard until I buy some lemon oil?
Last edited by Hallsy at May 4, 2006,
You should probably buy a product designed for clearcoat finishes or rosewood fretboards
Dunlop sells a nice 7 piece kit that will take care of all yur cleaning/maintenance needs.
yep any kind of glass cleaner will work well on the body and a good wood polish will do just fine on the fretboard
I use this Orane-Clean wood polish and cleaner!

Its made from natural orange oils and it works awesome...I got it relatively cheap from the grocery store!!
Why "Emo"? What the hell are they? A crossbreed between manic depressives and the crow?!LOL!!

Some Beach, Some where!
Quote by Valasco
No one dies as a virgin. Life f***s us all
When I changed out all my string and cleaned the fretboard on my guitar about a month ago, I just dampened a little spot on my polish cloth with water (note; DAMPENED-not soaked) and wiped it down. It took off the grime and was nice and clean. I really wouldn't recommend using any household cleaners on wood or any types of wood finishes. Many could easily strip the finish right off.

I would recommend picking up some good guitar cleaning stuff. It's definetly the safest route and there's no chance of damaging your guitar.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Cheers guys, I'll order a kit I just used a damp cloth on the fretboard in the end, and I'll give the body a quick polish then I can string her up

The missus just asked me if I'm cleaning my guitar because I can't play it - maybe she's got a point!!
Well after all that I broke the ****ing high e string

I don't think I tied the strings on properly at the tuners and high e kept slipping, then it snapped!! Funny thing is I did my classical the other week and had no probs, but I seemed to have less slack to take up on my electric and didn't get enough turns on the tuner to grip.

Nevermind, best get another pack of strings!!
Quote by Hallsy
Well after all that I broke the ****ing high e string

I don't think I tied the strings on properly at the tuners and high e kept slipping, then it snapped!! Funny thing is I did my classical the other week and had no probs, but I seemed to have less slack to take up on my electric and didn't get enough turns on the tuner to grip.

Nevermind, best get another pack of strings!!

Ya know that PickNGrin has a video on restringing DUDE!!
Check out this LINK!!
Why "Emo"? What the hell are they? A crossbreed between manic depressives and the crow?!LOL!!

Some Beach, Some where!
Quote by Valasco
No one dies as a virgin. Life f***s us all
I just checked out exlilr (sp?) site, I didn't leave enough slack to get enough turns on the tuner, so it kept slipping, and when I tried to stop it from slipping it snapped!!

I didn;t have tot hink about leaving slack on my classical it just happened, oh well, I know for next time

I'll take a look at the vid as well :thumbs: