Page 1 of 2
Anyone interested?

http://www.tremol-no.com/default.asp

Edit: Eh, sounded like spam. I just rember a thread a while ago and people where intrested, so here you go.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Last edited by love_O_rock at May 4, 2006,
Allparts has it, but too lazy.

Edit:$65.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
hahaha "The Tremol-no puts the black into blackmetal" guitarist from cradle of filth
^Like he'd know... That guys queer. Not to mention doesn't even play good music anymore. [/rant]
The power of your example is far greater than what you say.
that only adds to the funny

so what we're looking at here is a fancy locking mechanism on your tremolo?
^It blocks off your tremolo...
Pieces of wood probably work better still.
The power of your example is far greater than what you say.
Nah i would pick this over a block of wood toxicity ^^, not only will it stop it, but its line an on/off switch for ur trem. U can have it block both ways, just one, or none at all
A resounding "About damn time" from me too.

They have some flaws, but I have to say, I've been waiting for this beast for some time now, and doubted it would ever see the light of day.

D Man, cheerfully corrected.
Quote by Shakespeare
The man that hath no music in himself, Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, And his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted.
I am contemplating buying one of these for my Ibanez, but I am not sure if I will or not.
Quote by gpderek09
because geoff owns your soul. duh.
Quote by D Man
A resounding "About damn time" from me too.

They have some flaws, but I have to say, I've been waiting for this beast for some time now, and doubted it would ever see the light of day.

D Man, cheerfully corrected.

ditto.

might have to look into one...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I will probably be buying one of those clever devices.
Member #1 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club
PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo

Ibanez RG1570
Tone Zone
Paf Pro
Aria STG-003DX
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Boss DD-20
MXR ZW-44
Boss TU-2
neat now i just need a guitar with a trem lol
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
Sweet look at the videos, a trem you can break a string on!
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Could you install this on a Les Paul with a Bigsby? There arent any springs in the back...

EDIT: Nevermind, I realized that was a stupid question. But what kind of guitar was the guy in the video (The one playing the guitar that had the tremol-no on it, doing all the playing, and wearing sunglasses) have? I know it's some kind of Ibanez, but what model?
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at May 4, 2006,
^Looked like a customized RG.

My Build IT'S DONE!
i would so buy one of those if i had a tremolo. awesome invention!
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by SpIkE27Z
Erm, wtf is it? lol.

Go to the Trem Ol-No site and watch the movies on it.
Quote by gpderek09
because geoff owns your soul. duh.
It doesn't look like it would fit on a ZR...

My Build IT'S DONE!
Kewl, i might have to steal this idea and make one my own either using wood+metal or metal .... no license though...
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
The guitar Rob Balducci is playing is an Ibanez J-Custom RG-ARCH, and the guitar Kevan is playing is an Ibanez J-Custom RG-ART.

Yes it will work on a showmaster, it will work on most strat trems. It will actually work on pretty much everything except Steinbergers, Bigsby's, Wonderbar, and a couple of the Kahler top-mount systems. In the FAQ it clearly says, "If you've got springs in the back of your guitar, the Tremol-No will probably work on it."

Kevan says "Tell the guys I said thanks and that if they have any questions they can hop on the ALL NEW Tremol-No forum (it'll be up in about an hour) or they can email me."

Straight from Kevan, the inventor.

I'm gunna order 3 of those!

Be cool guys.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
^ Gimme one !

In that vid, issit just me or does Rob Balducci really sounds like Satriani + Marty Friedman in melodic control
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at May 5, 2006,
How useful are they for 2-point bridges? A hardtail mode would be nice, but it's assumably the C-Clamp or whatever is only useful with a Floating?
haha
Ordered one.

I expect this quasi-mythical guitar accessory to be made from a unicorn horn and the screw mechanisms fashioned from leprichaun gold.

In fact, for a wait of about a year and 44 quid, I DEMAND it.

Edit: if its good, though, I'll need another.
Quote by Shakespeare
The man that hath no music in himself, Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, And his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted.
Quote by D Man
Ordered one.

I expect this quasi-mythical guitar accessory to be made from a unicorn horn and the screw mechanisms fashioned from leprichaun gold.

In fact, for a wait of about a year and 44 quid, I DEMAND it.

Edit: if its good, though, I'll need another.

awesome, we can always rely on you to take the pluge on new untested stuff, mark!

let us know what it's like. I'll need a few if it's any good, lol.

the only problem i can see with it, is that the whole argument about not being out of tune if you break a string only applies if you had the foresight to be in dive-only or hardtail mode before breaking said string.

But it definitely seems like an improvement. i mean, you could have it in hardtail mode for the entire song, then go to full floating for the solo, etc. Or if you have a bit with unison bends, go to hardtail mode, then switch for a bit of whammy...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
could you tune it in hard tail mode like anormal guitar then put it in floating and it would stay in tune ? If so i will so buy a guitar with a floyd rose
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
Had to be done.

That is the thing: the going out if you break a string. Which your more likey to do while yanking yer wammy (he he).

The design looks like it does what it says on the tin. Its just that there are some things not on the tin that would be nice. Ah well. It cant do everything.
Quote by Shakespeare
Quote by isan
could you tune it in hard tail mode like anormal guitar then put it in floating and it would stay in tune ? If so i will so buy a guitar with a floyd rose

nah, it's not magic. You need to balance it for use in floating mode.

Quote by D Man
Had to be done.

That is the thing: the going out if you break a string. Which your more likey to do while yanking yer wammy (he he).

The design looks like it does what it says on the tin. Its just that there are some things not on the tin that would be nice. Ah well. It cant do everything.

exactly. The fact that it doesn't have extra springs is cool, IMO, since i like my whammy to be loose (), but obviously that means that some things (like full-floating mode) basically aren't improved at all...

still, if it does what it says on the tin, and isn't too hard to fit, I'll probably get one.

Are they available on the UK allparts site yet?

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thats where I ordered it from!
Quote by Shakespeare
@isan:

you could set the tremolno so that the trem is level, lock it and tune up, and treat the guitar as a hardtail.
Quote by Shakespeare
Quote by D Man
Thats where I ordered it from!

ah, pwnt!

i thought isan was asking if you could tune it in hardtail mode, and then switch to fully-floating and it'd still be in tune. I'm not certain, but I assume you wouldn't be. Presumably you need to set it up for fully floating mode just like a normal floyd.

the advantage of the hardtail mode is that, if you were in a gig, you could change strings quickly and keep it in hardtail or dive-only mode, so you didn't have to bother with trying to balance the damn thing....

of course, if you only break one string, and swap it with a string of the same gauge and brand, it should be near-as-dammit balanced anyway in floating mode, once you get stringed up and in tune...

Hmmm.

the advantages as I see it.

(a) if you break a string while you happen to be in dive-only or hardtail mode, you're still in tune.

(b) palm muting won't put the bridge sharp in dive-only or hardtail modes.

(c) you can change tunings without having to balance, as long as you're willing to stay in dive-only or hardtail mode.

(d) in dive only and hardtail mode, you can do unison bends etc. without having to bend both strings.

(e) you could probably use a d-tuna, again in hard-tail and dive-only modes.

I suspect (c) is what'd do it for me. I'm already used to the palm muting and unison bends, so that isn't really a concern for me.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2