Okay well. my friend wants a new amp. currently hes got an mg15....*sigh*
Anyway he plays metal. and thats about it. so cleans arent too important. but hes in the price range of $600 and at a stretch could go $750.
His teacher recomended a spider but i thought that he could do a bit better.
I thought a cube-60 but im thinking that he could get a bit better.
I will be used for band practises and possibly giging.
Any suggestions? I tried to find one for him but im not so good at these things. And if he needs it, ive got an overdrive pedal he can use as a boost. boss sd-1 if thats any help
if he can stretch to $750, he can maybe get a peavey xxx combo...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Gabel
And tell "your freind" to lsiten to Gutch.

Yeah i spent like 2 hours today searching. with not much luck. most of the amps we found were retail price and not many used amps

Basically its his birthday in a month. and were getting loads of people to chip in and getting his parents to put in money etc to get him a new amp/give him money towards one.

im gonna subtly take him out to try out loads of amps sometime soon....which wil be a bit weird.
its ok if you have a MG...as long as you realize that you need a new amp now

a used JCM combo would be pretty sick

what kind of metal does he play?

like Slayer, Children of Bodom, Megadeth?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.
Quote by Vandaliztik
its ok if you have a MG...as long as you realize that you need a new amp now

a used JCM combo would be pretty sick

what kind of metal does he play?

like Slayer, Children of Bodom, Megadeth?

Um stuff from kse to dillinger to black dahlia murder to into the moat to lamb of god etc

So kinda hardcore tech metally stuff

I think hes into his trebly kidna distortion rather than a smoth bassy one. if that makes sence.