im looking fora good guitar. Ive had my eyes on the epi lp standard but i dont know if i should get it. I dont want to be paying for the name brand--i want a guitar not a ****ing brand name piece of shiat.

I was also looking at the PRS SE custom (the 550$ one) and that looked pretty nice.

what are some opinions and other suggestions? i would be buying this in NORTH CAROLINA.
T0/<e

Quote by danilo19
randomly yell "freebird!" then the rednecks will like you.

respect

Quote by cnorthern
If a girl is playing guitar......she is likely a dude in drag.
Well everyone on this site is going to recommend Agile al-3000/3500 for that price range.
Now, what country is NORTH CAROLINA in?

I kid.

What kind of music do you play?
o ya..music sorry about that
im into classic rock, blues, jazz, some metal/some punk. I dont know what pickup config. to get whether 2 humbuckers or 2 single coils and one humbucker.

also screw agile dont recommend them...
T0/<e

Quote by danilo19

respect

Quote by cnorthern
^Why no Agiles? What happened to "I don't want to be paying for the name brand"?
well for 500 may i sugest an ESP with active emgs? or a Schecter With Duncans?
500 is too good of money to spend on an epiphone im sorry
The Ibanez RG320DX its only $359 (canadian though) the pickups suck so does the floating bridge so i'd change them, thats what i'm investing on
what esp's have active emgs?
T0/<e

Quote by danilo19

respect

Quote by cnorthern
I suggest you purchase a F-250 ESP guitar. Also purchase ZW-EMG pickups they are active and scream for blood. Best sound and guitar for a 500 dollar budget. Also a Shecter C-1 Classic is one of the nicest guitars i've played for the cost and its got a lovely sound with blues and jazz.
Quote by b21
also screw agile dont recommend them...

Then it's your money. Feel free to waste it whatever way you want.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.
Quote by StringsRequired
I suggest you purchase a F-250 ESP guitar. Also purchase ZW-EMG pickups they are active and scream for blood. Best sound and guitar for a 500 dollar budget.

Ignore this man.
Quote by StringsRequired
I suggest you purchase a F-250 ESP guitar. Also purchase ZW-EMG pickups they are active and scream for blood. Best sound and guitar for a 500 dollar budget.

EMG's + Agathis = Don't do it.

To the threadstarter...

What amp do you have?

I'm not a huge fan of the PRS SE's. They feel cheaply built; kind of like a toy.

I was going to suggest Agile, but since you are anti-Agile (for no obvious reason, it seems
), I'll recommend a Schecter C-1 Artist . It plays, feels, and sounds great, especially for the price.

Also look at:
Parker PM10
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at May 5, 2006,