Page 1 of 3
well...this probaly happens to alot of you out there but i'm pissed off about the following:i am a "metal-head".there are 2 other metal-heads in my class.the rest of them [13 to be exact]either listen to dance or rap.so...i couldn't give a s hit what music theyisten to and just dont care.i never mock other people un-provoked but for no apperent reason alot of this **** gets said to me and the other metal heads when ever a conversation about music gets started likehh metal,thats just a bunch of querrs jumpin around and screamin and slipknot,there just a bunch of TALENTLESS fukers with mask and so on.
but even before i became a "metal-head"on like ocasions they just say:a load of rubbish with idiots beatin drums and jumpin-gob****es with guitars.
so...they mainly say there talentless and gay.fine,they all have an opinion.but then to say that rap and dance is "cooler" and that it takes alot more talent to make a rap or dance song than it does to make metal or rock is just insane.
these ignorant ****ers didn't even bother to take into account that you have to learn how to play your instrument,be able to have a good vocal range if you sing,a creative mind be able to compose songs and write lyrics.
right for rap you have to have a resonable bit of rhyming skill or for dance to have good beats in you but to say metal bands are talentless and that it is just a of nosie is f ukin stupid.from my point of view dance IS just a bounce of repititive noise and rap is idiots talking fast and trying to look "Gangsta".
does this ever happen to ye u.g.ers?cause it happens to me alot and is happenig moreeand more.while i dont go sissy and cry over it,it's gettin plain f uckin annoying.
so does it happen to YOU???
!BOYCOTT MTV!
Just out of curiosity what exactly are your favorite metal bands?

By the way this is a guitar site thus everyone will agree that rock/metal artist are so ,so much more tallanted then rap artist etc. There will be people saying Rap=Crap and BS like that, those people will sound exactly like the guys in your school except instead of metal they will say rap. Thus overall its not the music, rather the fact that there are close minded folks out there.
Last edited by las7 at May 4, 2006,
Yeah that always happens. We all have different music tastes. We just need to learn to accept that we can't all be the same because the world would be sooo dull.
Congratulations, you're the most generic poster on the internet.

Different musical genres are different and require different skill sets, so it's difficult to say objectively which ones take more talent than others. You have your tastes, other people have theirs. You don't have to agree with them and they don't have to agree with you. Deal with it.
John Barrett
Quote by popapez
sweetness. ^ youre right. i luff u
King of the Nuchtos is the Greatest and Most Awesome Person in the History of the Universe Club, pm to join

...please?
3-step program to not giving a ****

1 - breathe in
2 - stop giving a ****
3 - breathe out
Quote by las7

slipknot,soulfly,metallica,s.o.a.d.,dimmu borgir,in flames,iron maiden and lots more but stick to the question
!BOYCOTT MTV!
Last edited by kamakasi bat at May 4, 2006,
Quote by kamakasi bat
slipknot,soulfly,metallica,s.o.a.d.,dimmu borgir,in flames and lots more but stick to the question

that probably explains it.. listen to some real "metal"

then maybe everyone wont hate you
Last.fm
My Recordnerd
Myspace

Quote by Crazy
okay. have fun. 1,567,584,586th time I've heard that in the pit

Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
Not even that many people exist on this planet.

LOL
^ Those are some pretty good bands. You should check out the UG metal forum some time, make a few posts there. I'm sure you'd fit right in.

</blatant sarcasm for those who can't tell>
John Barrett
Quote by popapez
sweetness. ^ youre right. i luff u
King of the Nuchtos is the Greatest and Most Awesome Person in the History of the Universe Club, pm to join

...please?
You are so true.That happens to me every day at school.I nearly decked somebody for sayin Iron Maiden was crap
i never start these f ucking talks never want to and i always look like the "bad" or "wrong" person in the conversation
!BOYCOTT MTV!
First off. Slipknot sure as fuck aren't metal, that's nu-metal.

And yes, I've had similar problems, with my schoolmates mocking my music. Of course, they wouldn't know a punk song from an Egg McMuffin. These are people who have no idea who Dead Kennedys are, who Metallica are, who Patera was, who the Ramones, New York Dolls, Sex Pistols are. I appreciate the fact that there's talent required in any kind of music, so I do have respect for rap, and I even happen to like some (Public Enemy :headbang, but it definately sends me over the edge when my music is so rashly and casually brushed off as "a bunch of guys screaming and smashing guitars."

I play in a metal band. I write metal riffs. I write metal lyrics. If you're insulting metal, you're insulting my band, a part of me. You're taking a stab at one of the few things that I actually hold important. It's really sickening how people don't even begin to understand that talent is actually required to play metal.

They can all go fuck themselves for all I care.

--Red
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." - Edward Elgar
Quote by kamakasi bat
slipknot,soulfly,metallica,s.o.a.d.,dimmu borgir,in flames and lots more but stick to the question

Well look since you probably haven?t been all that long in the forums I will say that although those bands are fine and dandy Slipknot, Soulfly and SOAD are not considered metal here. They are nu-metal the bastard child of metal who was thrown out by his father countless of generation ago when elitist people were being made

So for future references don?t make any threads in the metal forum until you learn to deal with some of the rules of the Metal forum. I hope I have been helpful.

EDIT see that what I was talking about ^
thing is, ive had loads of people that are into metal giving me a hard time (including one idiot threatening to break my legs) cos im not. people like that deserve pity, if they're that obsessed with their preferred genre of music that they can't handle the fact that everyone else isnt, they're dellusional.
do i care? no. should you care? no. just dont let it bother you.
Last edited by GDB at May 4, 2006,
lol, syndrome of a down.
now, do you see what i did there?
i told you that a metal band sucks, yet i'm a metalhead. not everyone likes the same music, and not all metalheads like the same music
Throw Shit At Me

Member of the STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN SUCKS! club. PM Rox0r713 to join!
Quote by kamakasi bat

Slipknot, SOAD, Soulfly = nu metal.

Dimmu Borgir = metal, but UGH...

Metallica, In Flames = the only two I like that you mentioned.

But, sticking to the question, there are good and bad bands in all genres of music. So it's not so much that it takes more talent to play a certain genre, but that it takes more talent to play better music.
Quote by las7
Well look since you probably haven?t been all that long in the forums I will say that although those bands are fine and dandy Slipknot, Soulfly and SOAD are not considered metal here. They are nu-metal the bastard child of metal who was thrown out by his father countless of generation ago when elitist people were being made

So for future references don?t make any threads in the metal forum until you learn to deal with some of the rules of the Metal forum. I hope I have been helpful.

EDIT see that what I was talking about ^

i understand what you are sayin so dont go all huffy puffy.i'm tryin to show but sides of the story but to them it's all the same.
!BOYCOTT MTV!
Quote by fonzicus
lol, syndrome of a down.

Syndrome of A Down ...so funny
People are ignorant. Most think that only one opinion is correct: theirs. It's sad. It's also funny to hear people say how heavy bands like Linkin Park and Korn are. My friend told me she loved heavy metal the other day so I asked her what bands. She answered Marilyn Manson.
To the threadstarter: Since everyone is giving advice about the metal forum, I'll add something, even though it's sorta unrelated. I only went there twice, just to see 2 different users get torn to shreds for posting a Trivium and an Avenged Sevenfold thread there. Don't do that. Metalcore belongs to the hardcore forum. Yeah, you probably don't care but that's all I know about the metal forums.
Oh no, your a pussy, suck it up get over it bitch.

Seriously stop whining, and get on with your life.
Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
i have plenty of friends that dont care that i listen to metal and they listen to rap and dance alike,but not that i dispise rap or dance it's just that they always seem to think that if i listen to metal that i instantly hate rap and dance.also,i only say their "talentless"when they have mocked me so i dont look like a fool who cant back himself up
!BOYCOTT MTV!
Well thats because there are people who don't like Metal nor Nu-Metal nor Metalcore nor Rock nor Punk nor Hardcore men those kind of things happen. Learn to deal with people who are different then yourself.
Quote by Kadaj
Oh no, your a pussy, suck it up get over it bitch.

Seriously stop whining, and get on with your life.

you are one of the ignorant self-centered little pricks that gets beat up for acting a prick and a "hardman"
!BOYCOTT MTV!
Hmm, let's see, first off I've never been beaten up once. Second off, I don't act like a hardman, I also don't act like a pussy by moaning about how everybody picks on me because I'm different. I manage to survive in a school in the middle of bloody chavsville, people say ****, so what, are you actually hurt by their remarks? If so then obviously your not happy with who you are, so change.
Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
Dude, listen to Las7.

He's not being huffy, there really are people in the metal forum who would eat you if you posted a Slipknot thread in there.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
eh same thing happens to me but with ska
so just deal with it, not that hard
anyways rappers are dropping like flies
there wont be any left soon
how about some metal vs. your face, you stupid, whining baby.
Quote by ACG

In conclusion, I'm gay.

Mud Sergeant of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

"Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join."
Quote by kamakasi bat
i have plenty of friends that dont care that i listen to metal and they listen to rap and dance alike,but not that i dispise rap or dance it's just that they always seem to think that if i listen to metal that i instantly hate rap and dance.also,i only say their "talentless"when they have mocked me so i dont look like a fool who cant back himself up

My mates say metal is talentless.....
I really need to learn how to pwn them in an arguement.
Btw im suprised this hasn't turned into that "shred haters" forum, eg. people bitching about metal.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
alrighty.

Lots of young people today are confused about music in general. My definition of music is Art through Sound. When you look at a picture, u get a feeling that is indescribable to put into words. Everybody has their own opinion and feelings when they look at art. Same applys to music. People have different feelings over music. It doesnt matter how much talent is needed to perform a style of music, becuase its still music and people can either choose to listen to it, or not. One of the most complicated styles of music in the world is Jazz. Due to its complexity of music theory involved, Only experienced musicians can really have a hear for what is going on. Most teenagers today wont take the time out of their day to learn music theory or the background of music so they stick to what is easy for them to listen to. Rap is focused on the drumming aspect of music. While the focus isnt on the melodic side, it is focused on peotry, becuase thats all Rap really is ( rhythmic african poetry). So you are right, it doesnt take a lot of talent to create the musical side of rap becuase there isnt much music involved. Most people dont even listen to the musical aspect of songs, such as Fall Out Boy and stuff. Their songs have a very confusing and annoying melody yet their lyrics (peotry) are what makes this band appealing. So many people fight over metal music becuase they feel the world would end if they dont classify bands into subdivisions of metal. It is incredably stupid to fight over what music is better becuase thats like fighting over what Color is better. Sure you can make a claim that rap doesnt require that much musical talent then this or that, but u cant fight that "oh f*ck you, Slipknots terrible go listen to real metal" becuase it is your opinion you dont like slipknot's music, and you shouldnt go out of your way to tell people what you think cuase honestly other people dont care.

Well that is my 2 cents, becuase i think fighting over this garbage is complete nonsense. But im going to assume the thread starter is like 13 years old so i dont expect much maturity.
meow :3
Last edited by Remebol at May 4, 2006,
^more like 2 dollars
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by kamakasi bat
slipknot,soulfly,metallica,s.o.a.d.,dimmu borgir,in flames,iron maiden and lots more but stick to the question

Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by kamakasi bat

That right there is your problem.
Quote by charvel_man

I am buying you an e-beer HomerHitter *Buys*
Quote by kamakasi bat
well...this probaly happens to alot of you out there but i'm pissed off about the following:i am a "metal-head".there are 2 other metal-heads in my class.the rest of them [13 to be exact]either listen to dance or rap.so...i couldn't give a s hit what music theyisten to and just dont care.i never mock other people un-provoked but for no apperent reason alot of this **** gets said to me and the other metal heads when ever a conversation about music gets started likehh metal,thats just a bunch of querrs jumpin around and screamin and slipknot,there just a bunch of TALENTLESS fukers with mask and so on.
but even before i became a "metal-head"on like ocasions they just say:a load of rubbish with idiots beatin drums and jumpin-gob****es with guitars.
so...they mainly say there talentless and gay.fine,they all have an opinion.but then to say that rap and dance is "cooler" and that it takes alot more talent to make a rap or dance song than it does to make metal or rock is just insane.
these ignorant ****ers didn't even bother to take into account that you have to learn how to play your instrument,be able to have a good vocal range if you sing,a creative mind be able to compose songs and write lyrics.
right for rap you have to have a resonable bit of rhyming skill or for dance to have good beats in you but to say metal bands are talentless and that it is just a of nosie is f ukin stupid.from my point of view dance IS just a bounce of repititive noise and rap is idiots talking fast and trying to look "Gangsta".
does this ever happen to ye u.g.ers?cause it happens to me alot and is happenig moreeand more.while i dont go sissy and cry over it,it's gettin plain f uckin annoying.
so does it happen to YOU???

lol How cute. I love watching ignorant people when they're angry.

Come to the metal forum because we'd love to have you.
This guy is almost right.

Quote by Remebol

Most teenagers today wont take the time out of their day to learn music theory or the background of music so they stick to what is easy for them to listen to. Rap is focused on the drumming aspect of music. While the focus isnt on the melodic side, it is focused on peotry, becuase thats all Rap really is ( rhythmic african poetry). So you are right, it doesnt take a lot of talent to create the musical side of rap becuase there isnt much music involved.

This is a lie, in early hip hop, focus is on the drums but in the last 15 years melody has become almost important as the beat itself. I can cite numrous examples. The entire Dre 2001 album, the chronic, water-chino XL, stan, sing for the moment I could go on for days.

Anyone who says that beat production is easy is just wrong. Go pick up fruity loops or similar program and then try and create something like Aphex Twin or Dr Dre. If you make any of of the first 100 beats not sound awful. I'll be impressed.

Quote by Remebol

So many people fight over metal music becuase they feel the world would end if they dont classify bands into subdivisions of metal. It is incredably stupid to fight over what music is better becuase thats like fighting over what Color is better.

This is because these people are anti-social. Or as we call them in the real "losers" These people don't have anything to do, or talk about so trying refine a system which is based on personal belief becomes their sole pursuit.

To the threadstarter. Maybe they make fun of you cause you're stupid and will react. These people are trying to get a reaction. And they are.
"Alright. Who wants some? "
Quote by las7

By the way this is a guitar site thus everyone will agree that rock/metal artist are so ,so much more tallanted then rap artist etc. There will be people saying Rap=Crap and BS like that, those people will sound exactly like the guys in your school except instead of metal they will say rap. Thus overall its not the music, rather the fact that there are close minded folks out there.

Ok, EVERYBODY LISTEN UP: IT'S "CLOSED-MINDED," NOT "CLOSE MINDED." GOT IT? PEOPLE DON'T HAVE "CLOSE" MINDS, THEY HAVE CLOSED MINDS. VERY SIMPLE CONCEPT.
Im a "metalhead" and everyone loves me. Yay.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by beardd_metalhed
i think slipknots first cd was metal, so was soad's first as well

No and no. They were not. I just want to make it quite clear that I don't point out things like this because I think these kinds of bands "suck" since they're not "real" metal. I actually liked SOAD's first CD, but it's just NOT metal. There is a distinct sound to metal and bands like slipknot, soad, korn.....don't have it.

This doesn't mean they all suck solely on the basis of not being "true."
Page 1 of 3