Would they be any good for Classic rock, blues and good cleans? I play in a band with drums Ect. Any particulary good model to suit my needs? I play a fender strat (If thats relevant)

another dream
i was taking a shower
and i took my penis off to wash it
but i couldnt figure out how to put it back on
so it ran away- Superunkown
beatiful anecdote
my dog ate my testicles. happy? theyre nice amps but a little on the pricy side.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Well, the screamer combo is certainly a sweet setup, however you pay for it, somewhere around $1200. I think DaveMC plays the screamer.

For that sort of money there are a lot of options though. If you have it to spend you should be sure to get your moneys worth.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I think you could find an amp that would suit your needs much better, and you would spend less. ENGLs are very nice and versatile amps, but they excel, and are known as, high gain monsters. If you don't need an uber high gain/metal tone, then there are much better options IMO.

Traynor? Mesa (lonestar? Heartbreaker?)

In this situation, you have many many options.
Quote by Mudder
Well, the screamer combo is certainly a sweet setup, however you pay for it, somewhere around $1200. I think DaveMC plays the screamer.

For that sort of money there are a lot of options though. If you have it to spend you should be sure to get your moneys worth.

Dave owns a Savage SE...

For the amount you're paying for an ENGL you have quite afew options for amplifiers- make sure you're dead set on an ENGL (it doesnt sound like you are.. you don't even know their amplifier lineup.) before you buy one.
Err...you guys didn't live in the 80's. Otherwise, i would have expected this to be the first post Mesa Mark I, hands down the best amp for your needs.
Cheers
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
^ ahh so you've tried one. I'm disappointed you didn't suggest it, but yes it's truly an amazing amp.
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
well, there's an engl classic tube amp which is less metal. I didn't think it was amazing, though.

Those mesas are a lot more expensive in europe, remember. And in europe traynors are a similar price to engl.

You might want to look into some laneys, marshalls and oranges. and vox. tube amps.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^^Ive heard nothing but good things about traynors for blues and classic rock (But i havent seen any in Ireland, At all!)ENGl because they are priced CHEAPER in europe than the us (Unlike fender, marshall, peavey and virtually any other big brands)

another dream
i was taking a shower
beatiful anecdote
Quote by Hairy Henry
^^Ive heard nothing but good things about traynors for blues and classic rock (But i havent seen any in Ireland, At all!)ENGl because they are priced CHEAPER in europe than the us (Unlike fender, marshall, peavey and virtually any other big brands)

Marshalls are cheaper on the UK side of of things (American's have them slightly overpriced)
could you suggest a marshall tube combo good for blues and classic rock? Nice high ends, hot midsd and a tight low end, I play a single-coiled fender strat. Dont know why I forgot that marshall is based in england!

another dream
i was taking a shower
beatiful anecdote
i play small gigs and rehearse with the band, I heard the ss mgs are great! lol

another dream
i was taking a shower
beatiful anecdote
You can get the DSL401 (40w combo)for about 400 pounds.
The Marshall sound = "rock" so it should work fine for classic rock and do your blues stuff too (I think I read somewhere that Gary Moore uses the DSLs?)

or if you look around used you could get a JCM800 combo. Probably better tone than the newer ones, models 4010 and 4104 have got 50w, theres the 4103 with 100w. Along with them you have the 2 channel JCM800 combos that are the 4210 and 4212 with 50w and the 4211 with 100w (though these have a section that uses diodes and stuff for more clipping...still a good amp as far as getting the Marshall sound goes)

Though if you were first aiming for Engls those are an entirely different category of amps.
Last edited by seljer at May 5, 2006,
anything a bit more "Blues rock" like rory gallagher, srv or henderix!

another dream
i was taking a shower
beatiful anecdote
Quote by Hairy Henry
anything a bit more "Blues rock" like rory gallagher, srv or henderix!

Gallagher and Hendrix both used Marshalls.

SRV used some fenders but I believe had had a couple of JCM800s as well (espescially for large venues)....and one of those mythical Dumbles
but any particular tube combo? around 50watt

another dream
i was taking a shower
beatiful anecdote
Quote by seljer
Gallagher and Hendrix both used Marshalls.

SRV used some fenders but I believe had had a couple of JCM800s as well (espescially for large venues)....and one of those mythical Dumbles

I thought Rory Gallagher used a Vox?

He did at some point anyways

EDIT: Just checked that out he had used Fenders, Vox's and Marshalls at some stage
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Last edited by GNR4EVER at May 5, 2006,
I've been thinkin about a screamer my self, and I play mostly rock and blues and some metal.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
I think you could find an amp that would suit your needs much better, and you would spend less. ENGLs are very nice and versatile amps, but they excel, and are known as, high gain monsters. If you don't need an uber high gain/metal tone, then there are much better options IMO.

Traynor? Mesa (lonestar? Heartbreaker?)

In this situation, you have many many options.

Lol, you say ENGL aren't going to be that great as they are known for high gain, then recommend a Mesa

I'm sure those models you mentioned would be very good, just seemed ironic.