Page 1 of 2
First of all, before you flame me, I know there is no such thing as atheist hardcore.

And for you christians out there, you're too hardcore for me, please don't turn this thread into a religion thread. Don't try to convert me through the internet with christian rhetorics either because I can assure you it won't work.

Ok... Onto the real thing:

Since Hardcore comes from punk I figured it may still hold on to some of its roots, one of them being the atheist view on religion. Could you name some songs/bands that emphasize on this? Please?

Thanks
Guitarrist living in the Kitchener/Waterloo area and looking to join a band.
Christian Hardcore is the new suck.

Athiest hXc?

Black Flag
Bad Brains
Minor Threat

And Yes, that's hardcore. Not ****ty Atreyu or Norma Jean.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
I didn't say Christian hardcore was good, I was just stating the fact that its something everyone is doing.
Quote by ¡Blah!
...I usually don't go crazy for hardcore bands (except As I Lay Dying)...

I book bands in Harrisonburg VA

www.myspace.com/mithosbooking
Quote by 123 Extol
I didn't say Christian hardcore was good, I was just stating the fact that its something everyone is doing.

its true, kind of pisses me off, because all the christian hardcore (actually theyre mostly metalcore) all sound exactly the same. many of them dont use their talent to create any interesting music and they all just play generic metalcore. its really been a downer for me recently, because i relized it when i listened to a christian metalcore/hardcore label sampler. all the bands sounded the same, none caught my attention.
wings of scarlet
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
Prayers that a smile will flag me down.
Quote by JohnnyNapalm
Black Flag
Bad Brains
Minor Threat

Care to mention some specific songs?

Christian Hardcore, and christian music overall is mainly used as recruiting grounds. It's pretty obvious that they want to strike minorities as well.

But I really don't want this thread to get into that.
^ Specific songs? Go buy Minor Threat's discography, it's a 30-track CD for 15 bucks.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Ring ****ing Worm.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Quote by Smoothie
Care to mention some specific songs?

Christian Hardcore, and christian music overall is mainly used as recruiting grounds. It's pretty obvious that they want to strike minorities as well.

But I really don't want this thread to get into that.

Black Flag- Depression, Jealous Again, My War (Angriest Song Ever)

Minor Threat- Bottled Violence, Straight Edge, Seein Red, Minor threat

Bad Brains- The Regulator, Attitude, Pay To Cum, Sailin On, banned in DC

I'm huge in 80's hXc, so If you want anything, I got it.
Quote by JohnnyNapalm
Black Flag- Depression, Jealous Again, My War (Angriest Song Ever)

Minor Threat- Bottled Violence, Straight Edge, Seein Red, Minor threat

Bad Brains- The Regulator, Attitude, Pay To Cum, Sailin On, banned in DC

I'm huge in 80's hXc, so If you want anything, I got it.

I really don't seem to find any atheist values on any of these songs...

Oh and LedZep, I have all of Minor Threat's music, the only song that seems to have anything to do with religion is "Filler".
Oh! I thought you meant just athiest bands. Not atheist music.

Well i'll search around.

Well, Depression is pretty nihilistic.
Bright Eyes is definitely atheist, if you don't mind them not being hardcore.

Desaparecidos. Essentially the same band but more screamo/hardcore. Very good.

On a side-note I wouldn't call them atheists exactly, but they HATE organized religion, so that's a big plus in my book.
crossbearer
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
Prayers that a smile will flag me down.
Haymaker, 'FIRST JESUS, THEN YOU! KICKING CHRIST OUT OF HARDCORE'
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
I wouldnt call Vital Remains hardcore, but they have some influences in that direction and their certainly athiest. One of their albums is call dechristianize. Also, im a christian and i listen to heaps of cristian and athiest music. Your beliefs don't have to determine what you listen to.

Edit: Called*
Quote by bloodstained
d000000d. are you brain dead??

Bad Brains were all rastafarians.

I honestly forgot about that.
Opeth isnt hardcore but they're all about the anti-christian lyrics
if i cut off your arms and legs
and wrap you in some fucked-up cocoon,
would you still look at me and say
"you can't catch what you can't see"
well i caught you honey,
like the clap sugar.
what do you think of that?
Quote by Combat
its true, kind of pisses me off, because all the christian hardcore (actually theyre mostly metalcore) all sound exactly the same. many of them dont use their talent to create any interesting music and they all just play generic metalcore. its really been a downer for me recently, because i relized it when i listened to a christian metalcore/hardcore label sampler. all the bands sounded the same, none caught my attention.

facedown?
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK

Thats the band i was thinking of. and Just for Dai i won't turn it into a religion thread
Pink the Punk : Trust me, don't shower or shave or anything for a week then go out on the pull with a loincloth and half a dead mammoth over your should. You won't be short of chicks that night

thats why he's the hardcore mod
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK

Jesus' Middle Initial Does Not Stand For Hardcore

Ian MacKaye Is My Savior, Not Jesus

All we have is eachother
All we need is ourselves
No divine intervention
Or strength from your god

d00d. haymaker have nothing on rambo. i believe you know this though.
Quote by Blackout'
I wouldnt call Vital Remains hardcore, but they have some influences in that direction and their certainly athiest. One of their albums is call dechristianize. Also, im a christian and i listen to heaps of cristian and athiest music. Your beliefs don't have to determine what you listen to.

Edit: Called*

He asked for Hardcore not Death Metal.
Quote by bloodstained
Jesus' Middle Initial Does Not Stand For Hardcore

Ian MacKaye Is My Savior, Not Jesus

All we have is eachother
All we need is ourselves
No divine intervention
Or strength from your god

d00d. haymaker have nothing on rambo. i believe you know this though.

Duh Have you checked out Municipal Waste? Kind of along the same lines as Rambo, short, fast, anarcho hardcore. Good shit

(Jay, sorry about not being on AIM my computer was cocked and has just been fixed. Need to re-download it.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
He asked for Hardcore not Death Metal.

I never said it was hardcore, i said its heavily anti-christ and has some hardcore influences. Try thinking before you post!!!
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
Duh Have you checked out Municipal Waste? Kind of along the same lines as Rambo, short, fast, anarcho hardcore. Good shit

(Jay, sorry about not being on AIM my computer was cocked and has just been fixed. Need to re-download it.

Of course I have heard of Municipal Waste, but they are more crust then anything (Just like Caustic Christ and Code 13, both bands I believe R.A.M.B.O. have splits with) But yeah meh, R.A.M.B.O. are a bit crusty aswell.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK

I've been wondering where ur at. I miss your lovin

Dude Municpal waste is great, and there from Richmond but I havn't seen them live yet. Last time i had the chance it was the same night and time as blacklisted, and i wasn't missing blacklisted. I've heard MW play a great set
Pink the Punk : Trust me, don't shower or shave or anything for a week then go out on the pull with a loincloth and half a dead mammoth over your should. You won't be short of chicks that night

thats why he's the hardcore mod
Quote by casualtyvampire
not really true hardcore but anyway... HER NIGHTMARE from down here. they have kind of a name for themselves being atheists. there cd is called no heaven, no hell and got lines like 'go **** ureself GOD'.

to bad her nightmare are a bunch of rude ****s, also a bit hypocritical. pulled a nice little stunt at a show once by coming out burning a bible, yet they must've have forgotten who they were supporting.....comeback kid

EDIT: second thought, they are pretty nice, still pretty rude though.
well you want some atheist music? i actually went from hxc punk and dove down to the metal lol, lots of atheist stuff there if not satanic
Deicide are not only atheist but anti-god. Just look at their name.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
They are also metal you dumb cu nt. The threads title is Athiest Hardcore. gtfo.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
jeez, take a chill pill.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Quote by Blackout'
I never said it was hardcore, i said its heavily anti-christ and has some hardcore influences. Try thinking before you post!!!

Yeah but if he wanted Death Metal he would have asked in the Metal forum not the Hardcore forum, no matter wether it is anti-christian or influenced by hardcore.

Take your own advice.
Page 1 of 2