Honestly I really like it, well at least the Maggot brain album. My question is why is maggot brain (the song itself) is kinda underrated compared to songs like EVH's Eruption. I mean I have nothing against EVH it's just that it's not really my thing. other songs I like are hit it and quit it, dr.funkenstein, and super stupid. what do you guys think?
a very underrated group. a prime influence on the chili peppers too.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
I saw Gov't Mule on tuesday and they played with Bernie Worell, the keyboard/organ player for P/F. It was amazing.
Have you heard about my baby? Yes, how I love her, you don't know.
Have you heard about my baby? Yes, how I love her, you don't know.
I declare it hurt be so bad, when I heard she'd got to go.
I really like them. Edie Hazel's solo on Maggot Brain is great. Sounds so much like Hendrix. Also Bootsy Collins, the bands bass player, is one of the best of all time.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Really getting into them at the moment...only heard about 5 songs, but they're all pretty sweet. I need more Funk stuff.
It's not the fear of what's beyond
It's just that I might not respond
They aren't really underrated or anything, they're huge. Who hasn't heard of George Clinton? Though yes, it is wicked funk. If you get really into it, go find some Sly and the Family Stone, really influential in funk and damn good.
wow. this is an old thread. for a fantastic band! pfunk is awesome. i really like one nation under a groove. and george clinton's solo stuff is good too.

i highly suggest "the clones of dr. funkenstein." its a great album. by parliament this time.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

member number five of the Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

creator/owner of the yankees fans group
I saw George Clinton at Bluesfest, and he was interesting to say the least.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

I love the album One Nation Under a Groove. The bass solo on Grooveallegiance is out of this world.
America Eats It's Youth FTW.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
i saw george clinton + the pfunk allstars last year
that was quite a strange show
not bad by any means, just different
especially for a college atmosphere
Currently listening to "Mothership Connection" (Parliament). Crazy funky.
An amazing band. If it wasn't for Clinton and crew, funk wouldn't have ever existed.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Eddie Hazel is an awesome guitarist, and yes Maggot Brain is amazing (it was Eddie Hazel on lead on Maggot Brain wasn't it?) my friend got me into the likes of Funkadelic, Parliament and Sly and the Family Stone.
MySpace Profile
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

I've listened to Maggot Brain (the song, not album) more times than I can count, but I don't know the rest of their stuff. I meant to get a few of their albums... Never got around to it.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.