I heard these guys were a supposed Mother Love Bone tribute (don't really know how that works) but...wouldn't it be awesome if they got back to the studio or something...they kicked ass
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
soundgarden plus pearl jam equals temple of dog, literally
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
that would be cool

although it just wouldnt have the same purpose... If the two united for another purpose, the music would be cool
Quote by bob311
soundgarden plus pearl jam equals temple of dog, literally

Yeah.

That had some pretty good stuff.
hunger strike....

mmmmmmmm good stuff indeed
as to my knowledge... chris cornell was with someone else from soundgarden, met up with some guys from pearl jam, and decided to make a record sometime in the 90s then eddie vedder did guest vocals on one track

that was the extent of it that i know of
well the lineup is exactly pearl jam now, but with cornell instead of vedder. which would cut it back then, but seeing as right now vedder >>>>>>> cornell, let's just have pearl jam and audioslave both and be happy.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
http://www.reachdown.com/history.shtml

Thats a pretty accurate version of how it all happened, though it doesn't contain one thing I've heard a few times...

I've been told a few times that Eddie Vedder was given the "Pearl Jam" demo tape by Jack Irons (ex-RHCP drummer) who was given a copy in the hope he would audition, but wasn't interested in joining so gave the tape to Vedder. Never found out if thats true or not, hmm...
That's one of my favorite albums Chris's voice was amazing back then. It's still very good, but noone will ever hit those notes in Say Hello 2 Heaven like he did again.
i just want to say that album was incredible and that was propably one of the top 10 albums ever!
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
Quote by tossom
http://www.reachdown.com/history.shtml

Thats a pretty accurate version of how it all happened, though it doesn't contain one thing I've heard a few times...

I've been told a few times that Eddie Vedder was given the "Pearl Jam" demo tape by Jack Irons (ex-RHCP drummer) who was given a copy in the hope he would audition, but wasn't interested in joining so gave the tape to Vedder. Never found out if thats true or not, hmm...

True, in every book about PJ it confirms that.

Also that demo tape featured Matt Cameron on drums, this is obiviously when he was still in Soundgarden. Then 9 years later he joins the band, funny how things work out. Thought Id add this useless bit of information, I find it interesting
Cool band, even if they only made one album. Hunger Strike and Say Hello To Heaven are their only hits, and they're both some really good tunes.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by jslaved
True, in every book about PJ it confirms that.

Also that demo tape featured Matt Cameron on drums, this is obiviously when he was still in Soundgarden. Then 9 years later he joins the band, funny how things work out. Thought Id add this useless bit of information, I find it interesting

Thanks for that, I can sleep easy tonight!

Yeh, the Seattle music scene is so incestious it's quite funny really.

You can link all of the following bands (plus a hell of a lot more I'm sure) -

AIC, Pearl Jam, Mudhoney, Soundgarden, Screaming Trees, Nirvana and oddly enough - Kyuss. Josh Homme was a touring guitarist for Screaming Trees briefly, and Dave Grohl helped secure Kyuss a spot on a Metallica tour - top bloke!