ok, i ahev been playing gutiar fer almost a half a year and i am jstu wondering wat some good scales are for metal songs, because near all of the major ones dont really fit in or sound very metal when i paly fast and stuff.
Aeolian, Lydian, Harmonic minor, Diminished.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Major and minor pentatonic scales
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
natural minor, harmonic minor, locrain, crazy egyptian stuff with minor thirds

metally
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

Quote by myvaliantleap
Learning how to spell, type, and use spell check will also make you a better guitarist.

Well I hate to be th first but... Pentatonic Minor, but i would focus on Lydian and other modes rather then Pent. though pentatonic is usefull in a pinch...
Cort G290 EMG 89/SA/SA
Cort MR 780FX

#19 Member of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Group. PM Narmi.

Founder of the "Cort Domination Group"
I need some metal scales too. I can't seem to find them and the ones on UG just confuse me, I just want tabs and no words exept if there showing me tips on how to play.
^I used to have this site bookmarked that was like that. You picked the key and the scale. It had just about every scale you've heard of, and 5,000,000 that you haven't heard of. Very easy to use and read.

I'll see if I still have it.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Quote by Maxwell Bass

it's true, if you're not smart, you'll never be amazing. I assure you
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

Quote by ChurchNSkate
^I used to have this site bookmarked that was like that. You picked the key and the scale. It had just about every scale you've heard of, and 5,000,000 that you haven't heard of. Very easy to use and read.

I'll see if I still have it.

This?

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php

I use it religously. Mainly because I can only seem to remember the scale patterns, and not where the rest of the notes lie on the fretboard.
I prefer phrygian mode, but thats just my opinion, i sometimes use diminished.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
Quote by Insolent
This?

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php

I use it religously. Mainly because I can only seem to remember the scale patterns, and not where the rest of the notes lie on the fretboard.

thats good, or for people with guitar pro that has a scale finder as well that is very complete
That happened to me too, i just came on UG and looked up a load of pantera solos, it gave me loads of new ideas.

At the minute im using a Spanish Gypsy Scale which I kinda made up by ear but it sounds awesome with metal. I just found it on the all-guitar-chords site, click here for it thats in D btw.
metal \m/
Minor pentatonic and minor harmonic. Natural minor is okay too.
Chuck Norris doesn't read, he stares books down until they give him the information he wants.

My Gear:
Washburn WR120
Randall RG100SC
Behringer XV-amp
Silvertone bass
thanx everyone for giving me great info, cept that one guy who told me i shud spell better, to u go die