I'm serious. I thought it had a distinct sound that I hated when I heard The Early November and Hawthorne Heights with boring acoustic guitars and whiny(not like the usual whine but like whiny w/extra saliva comin outta their mouths..... can't really describe it) vocals.

But the new singles from Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco, and even Hawthorne Heights' "Saying Sorry."

There is no distinction between those songs and pop-punk.

Who agrees/disagrees?
even though i generally hate newer music and dislike emo music, i actually am fond of Panic! At the Disco. (Fall out Boy and Hawthorne Heights...no...) I just feel as if P!atD isnt as "whiny" as the genre is claimed to be. They (in my opinion) have cool keyboard and drum lines and great lyrics, but other people disagree with me. like the songs "Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off," and "time to dance" i actually enjoy listening to just because they're fun and make me boogie.

just my thoughts
yeah i agree. I thought the same thing as well.if i had to chose a new band it would be wolfmother
Founder of the
UG FORMULA ONE CLUB

My gear:
-Squeir affinty strat
-Epiphone joe perry boneyard les paul
-Squier champ 15
-cheap second-hand johnson acoustic
-Peavy rage 158
-Zoom gfx505II
-zoom expression pedal
Amen, brother!
Testify!

I could really care less, but you do have a point. I'm not sure if your point is all that important...or if anyone cares, but it's a valid point none the less.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
You sir are an idiot.

Hawthorne heights and Fall Out Boy and Panic! At the Disco is neither Pop Punk or Emo.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
ha yeah defianntly agree...im getting sick of how seriouse people are distungishing music and how there such a differant clique....makes no sence to me
Quote by JohnnyNapalm
You sir are an idiot.

Hawthorne heights and Fall Out Boy and Panic! At the Disco is neither Pop Punk or Emo.

if not pop punk or emo then what is it
because I think your the only one who disagrees
Quote by JohnnyNapalm
You sir are an idiot.

Johnny speaks the truth.
Pop Punk is melodic Punk. FOB HH and P!ATD is Not even close to punk.

Emo is Emotional Hardcore Punk Rock. FOB HH and P!ATD is Not even close to punk. EMO DIED IN THE 80'S PEOPLE WITH HUSKER DU AND RITES OF SPRING!
Quote by juniorfr3ak

because I think your the only one who disagrees

He's also the only one that's right.
Pop punk: Buzzcocks.
Emo: Not Buzzcocks.
I have never heard anyone ever say Emotional Hardcore Punk Rock
but if what you say is true I will simply call them Pop
but jeepers all these genres and subgenres HOLY CRAP you guys you dont have to be jerks about this
Quote by JohnnyNapalm
Emo is Emotional Hardcore Punk Rock. FOB HH and P!ATD is Not even close to punk. EMO DIED IN THE 80'S PEOPLE WITH HUSKER DU AND RITES OF SPRING!

How someone can take Hardcore Punk, water it down and turn it into commercialized mainstream garbage that doesn't even resemble Hardcore Punk anymore is beyond my comprehension.
Emo= Rites Of Spring, Fugazi, Jets To Brazil, Husker Du

Pop Punk= Vandals, NoFX, Bad Religion, Rancid

Not Emo Or Pop Punk= Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Fall Out Boy, Blink 182, My Chemical Romance, Avril Lavigne, Green Day
/\ all the above = suck.
Cort G290 EMG 89/SA/SA
Cort MR 780FX

#19 Member of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Group. PM Narmi.

Founder of the "Cort Domination Group"
Quote by Metallica12_12
/\ all the above = suck.

Shut the **** up you tool.

Yeah, go back to be a conformist bastard because you can't think for yourself.

Oh, Primusfan or Priest.Fan. or Chaka or someone popular said they suck, so you have to do the same.
Quote by juniorfr3ak
I have never heard anyone ever say Emotional Hardcore Punk Rock
but if what you say is true I will simply call them Pop
but jeepers all these genres and subgenres HOLY CRAP you guys you dont have to be jerks about this

I think it's funny how people can whine about Punk and Hardcore having "so many" sub-genres when all I see on here are threads saying "Is (insert metal band here) death, melodic, black, grind, blah blah blah, and so on and so forth?"

Not saying that you, juniorfr3ak, whine about that. I just made your statement an example.
I know but it can get confusing sometimes because different people may call one band a different genre, and now subgenres and everyone thinks their right and acts like a jerk so it gets annoying,
I should probly avoid posting in any of these type of threads as I am a flame magnet
Emo is derived from hardcore, which is derived from punk.

Pop-punk is derived directly from punk.
Oi.
These bands you're complaining about are pop-rock.

Emo is hardcore which is derived from punk.
So the technical full name is Emotional Hardcore Punk Rock, since Hardcore is Hardcore Punk Rock.

But Emo is a seperate entity from Pop-punk, and Hardcore.
Hence why it has its own genre.
Taking Back Sunday = Sensitive Hardcore
Quote by Metallica12_12
/\ all the above = suck.

Fugazi, Husker Du, and the Vandals collectively could melt your body away with their awesomeness.
Don't be derivative. Explore...
The threadstarters statement was quite possibly one of the stupidest things I've ever seen, read or heard in regards to music. I think it was the obvious depth of his research on the matter that was the kicker.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Why is everyone freaking out 'cause people are calling these bands Pop-punk and Emo. Even if they arn't, how would someone who never listened to them know that. That's what everything labels them as.

Also, what the hell are they if they arn't pop-punk or emo.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

Quote by Stacked Actors
Why is everyone freaking out 'cause people are calling these bands Pop-punk and Emo. Even if they arn't, how would someone who never listened to them know that. That's what everything labels them as.

Also, what the hell are they if they arn't pop-punk or emo.

Pop rock.

EDIT: It's just very aggrivating to devotees of genres of music to see something they love so bastardized and misrepresented.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Last edited by CowsWithGuns at May 5, 2006,
Pop Punk is stuff like The Offspring and The Vandals.

The bands you listed ar emopop.
Quote by dain84
The bands you listed ar emopop.

Emopop sounds too much like synthpop...and I'm sure a synthy version of emo exists (well the gothy new wave music?)
look at the threadstarter name.
oh and youre mising a u in poseur.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
well your cool you have a taste in music but anyone else....

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
Member number 5 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Jazz
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking