I need an interface that has MIDI I/O and mic inputs. USB or firewire doesn't matter. I run XP and the price should be below $200. My main priority is the MIDI capability but I would like to be able to record a mic as well possibly.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Recording/Computer/Hardware?sku=240868

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Recording/Computer/Hardware?sku=701376

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Recording/Computer/Hardware?sku=705371

I've been checking out these. I don't really know what I'd need all those 10 I/O things on the second one for.
You dont need the 101lt (the second one) its more suited towads recording multiple tracks. if you want to keep your options for recording bands or multiple sources, the 1010lt would be a damn good deal compared to the other ones. two preamps for mics, MIDI, and clock. but if you dont need to record multiple things at a time, something like the other 2 should be fine. there are keyboards out there that offer keyboard control, audio I/O and midi I/O. if you dont already have a keyboard, then this would kill 2 birds with one stone. you might not want a keyboard, i just assumed with the midi you would be using some sort of keys. check out the m-audio ozone(? i think its called) keyboard, plenty of midi assignable knobs and junk, audio I/0, mic preamps (1 or 2). all in one. a little over your budget but if you were planning on buying the other stuff it could be a deal. thats all i can think of right now. post back with your decision/questions/thoughts. good luck.

Adam

EDIT:

heres one of those keybaord/interface things for 199! A;esis Photon

EDIT 2:

and the m-audio ozone
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
Last edited by adammarshall409 at May 4, 2006,
Wish I knew about those keyboards before I bought one. I was thinking that maybe I should buy M-Audio Uno 1x1 for now and not do anything other than MIDI and later buy something with XLR and better preamps and such. Do you know how well those $40 MIDI things work? Will I get the full range of my 76 keyboard, cause I've heard of them only getting 2 octaves or something.
ya if you already have the keyboard, that should work perfectly. its got good reviews, and appears to be a simple setup. you can do a hell of alot with just a midi keyboard and a computer. i dont know how much you spent on your keyboard, if possible, you might consider selling/returning it because for you one of those midi and audio I/O keyboards seem like a damn good deal. but the m-audio midi interface seems like it will definitely do what you need itto do right now. good luck.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
i have the us 122 and it works great for the price
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....