yo, been playin guitar for almost half year. i gots a shecter omen6 with my brothers krappy Kustom amp, no idea why the hell it sounds so ****ty. anywayz, ive been thinkin about gettin a new guitar since my cable port has been screwed up (it will loosen up and the nut will fall off every once and a while), but i honestly have no idea what to get. dont know much about guitars, so call me a nub all u want, but i gotz no clue on what kinda axe i should even look at. i want one with a good heavy metal sound for an affordable price, under $400. should i stick with the shecter and just get a new amp, or get a new guitar until i cant afford an amp?

yay, cinco de mayo
Cheap ESP's and schecters are good. Jackson's are fine too.

Get a nice amp first... amp is most of your sound.
dont upgrade your guitar unless you have the amp to go with it. Especially when you're only upgrading to a 400$ guitar, it probably wont be that big a step up from your Omen 6, especially with that amp.
You know, if you speak english, UG is much more helpful...

Anywho, like the other guys said, get a better amp.
Quote by Bulletbass man
Wow why can no one spell

The same reason you can't grammar.

Anywho, Like said above, look into getting a better amp.
Quote by Zofar
The same reason you can't grammar.

Anywho, Like said above, look into getting a better amp.

I'm sure grammar is not a verb.
Quote by i_baked_cookies
I'm sure grammar is not a verb.

I know, It's called sarcasm.
First, I recommend that you go beat yourself unconscious with a dictionary. Maybe some big, fancy words that are actually used in a language will catch in your head.

Once you wake up and are able to speak and type in ENGLISH, edit your post so that people know what the **** you're trying to say.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Hello! I've been playing guitar for almost half a year. I have a shecter omen6 with my brothers crappy Kustom amp, no idea why the hell it sounds so ****ty. anyway, i've been thinking about getting a new guitar since my cable jack has been screwed up (it will loosen and the nut will fall off every once and a while), but I honestly have no idea what to get. I don't know much about guitars, so call me a n00b all you want, but I have no clue on what kind of guitar I should even look at. I want one with a good heavy metal sound for an affordable price, under $400. Should I stick with the Schecter and just get a new amp, or get a new guitar and then a new amp later, when I can afford it?

yay, cinco de mayo

All fixed up.
ok, makes sense, but i still dont have much money for one, and i have an even dimmer idea on amps than w/ guitars. i was thinkin about gettin a marshall, but again, no idea of what is what.

there spell check that you ass whole...
Quote by shadowsoldier08
ok, makes sense, but i still dont have much money for one, and i have an even dimmer idea on amps than w/ guitars. i was thinkin about gettin a marshall, but again, no idea of what is what.

there spell check that you ass whole...

Ok.

"Ok, that makes sense, but I still dont have much money for a guitar, and I have an even dimmer idea on amps than with guitars. I was thinking about getting a Marshall, but again, I have no idea what is what.

Spell check that you asshole..."

n00b.
I can fix the original post.

Hello I'm an illiterate jackass who needs help and I'm to lazy to type correctly. So im just going to make everyones lives a little bit more irritating. I need a good metal amp. My budget is 400 dollars.

There post is fixed
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Dude just fix the damn input jack, it'll only cost you about 20 bucks tops, as opposed to 300+ for a half decent guitar.

Also, if you want a better sound, get a better amp, your schecter already is an excellent guitar.
You guys are all idiots. Get a vox
Gear

Soon to have Carvin California Carved Top
Fender MIM Strat (Warthog, Spotlight, Condor)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Valetronix Combo
Boss ME-50
Alvarez Acoustic
Buy a new jack, solder the connections exactly the same way you removed them. Ta-da, fixed.
dude, the people who trying to correct you have no lifes and are about 80 years old. So meh....

new amp definitely, try to keep saving up man! Patiences comes with rewards
Quote by sylent
dude, the people who trying to correct you have no lifes and are about 80 years old. So meh....

Not only am I not 80 years old and do have a life, I'm correcting him because he may go out and get a new guitar for hundreds of dollars instead of going to an electronics store and buying a new jack for 5 bucks tops. His guitar is fine, but its not working for him because one part is broken. He doesn't need a new guitar.

From the fact that he says his tone sucks, he needs a new amp.

Don't be a jerk to people trying to help him.
ohoooooo lol looks im lazy too....

i barely read it all of whats going on but the hating parts of the post"ers" cought my eyes.....

anyways, my bad lol
ok well that makes me laugh a little less now, but that still dont help me with my "what amp i should get problem"
yeah...i have the omen 6 and it rules for the price. great neck, comfortable to play, and through a good amp, its sound orgasmic (in a way).
im playing mine through my bro's bass amp and a ds-1 pedal. a crappy bass amp, mind you, so through a good guitar amp, it should sound realyl nice.

from what people have said for me, get a cube 30 by roland. i havent used it, but its supposed to be good.
stay away from Marshall MGs though. i wont be the only to tell you. ive played them, the only 'meh' one is the 50 watt, and its like, 400 bucks, and for that, you could get an all-tube peavey VK.

...just sayin'.