the ones on your hands.
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
im gonna assume u already know the chords and have the tab hopefully u can get the idea if not just say something and ill clarify

When i first learned this song i had to stretch out the piece of skin between my fingers so my fingers wouldnt bend the strings.

[X 0 7 6 4 0]<--------chord
[- - 4 3 1 -]<----------finger

[X 0 5 6 4 0]
[- - 2 3 1 -]

[X 0 4 5 4 5]
[- - 1 3 2 1]

[X 0 3 4 3 5]
[- - 1 3 2 4]

[X 0 2 4 2 0]
[- - 1 4 2 -]

[X 0 2 4 1 0]
[- - 2 4 1 -]

[3 X X 4 1 0]
[3 - - 4 1 -]

[1 X X 2 3 0]
[1 - - 2 4 -]

[0 2 4 1 X X]
[- 2 4 1 - -]
ahh sorry i acctually meant fingers that you pick with sorry I didnt say that. Which fingers do you finger pick it with?
oh k

finger picking is kinda self explanatory

this goes for every song-
ring finger covers the 1st string
middle finger cover 2nd string
pointer finger covers 3rd string
thumb cover 4-5-6

[0 2 4 1 X X]
[- 2 4 1 - -]

for that just move your pointer and middle finger as neccesary
hmmmm would it not just be easier for my oinky to do the 1st string, ring 2nd string, middle 3rd, index 4th, and thumb 5th and 6th??
pinky is way less cordinated and weaker than your other fingers. thumb is coordinated, strong, and fast enough to cover 4th 5th and 6th strings.

I thought i could do that at first but after doing finger exercises with my pinky for 2 weeks just gave up.

If u can use your pinky and u can get a nice clean pick with it then go ahead and use it but i dont think u can pull it off
hmm, i just started to learn fingerpicking... today and i find it works well. hehe. but so usually people use the fingers you said up there^ even if they have to hit each string like 6th string to 1st?
Is it normal to do it any other way. like is there many ways to fingerpick for different things or is it pretty much just thta way that people use?
you can fingerpick whatever way ya want and as long is its more comfortable to you then the standard way you may as well do it, also a tip if youre going to do the standard way (thumb for 4,5,6 ring for 1st etc) the more upright your hand is as in perpendicular to the strings the better, at lesat thats what ive been told
u can play diary of a madman with your pick, trust me its easier to think about lol

check out my diary of a madman tab (its ver2)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (Black Cherry)
Peavey 6505 Plus Head: 120W all-tube goodness
Peavey 6505 4x12 Slant Cab
Tacoma Somethin-or-other Acoustic (i bought it used)