Ok so i've been playing for 4-5 months now and have been lucky enough to get a schecter c1 diamond series. And I'm ready to get a new amp! I want to play metal. I need an amp for maybe around 300-500USD ( if this is really low I honestly could spend more but I just have no idea on what I need ).

I'm an at home player as of right now...but that could easily change.

Thanks in advanced,
Alex
I have the same problem . I've been doing some research (also by asking other guitar players) and a Line 6 Spider II seems to be very attractive. Yesterday, I even went to a local shop and they told me a Line 6 is good if you want to play metal but they advised me to buy a Vox. Now, in your case (and also in mine) when you want to play mostly metal a Line 6 is a nice amp, and you can buy a 120W for ( i think) 400$.

I Hope this helps you in your search, but maybe anyone has experience with one of these 2 amps, cause i don't know which one is the best????

Nick
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.
yeah youll regret buying a spider, they are so buzzy, go with the XXX like vandal said
i personally dont liek spider II amps, they sound to digital

Everyone round here says that, and i'm very intrigued as to what digital sounds like...

Admittedly i've never played a spider, but there must be another word to describe it
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
Quote by deg0ey
Everyone round here says that, and i'm very intrigued as to what digital sounds like...

Admittedly i've never played a spider, but there must be another word to describe it

It feels like you're playing a computer, not an amp
just to add my 2 cents, cube > line 6 robot.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
"Digital" means that it sounds like early '90s midi "guitar" simulation. It's really crap. Go tube if you can. XXX seems to be the preferred cheap tube amp for metalheads. I'm not a metalhead, so I don't really dig it. Sterile as...screw it, I'm running out of similes. Let's just say I think it sounds sterile. I have a Vox AD30VT. Good tones, crap speaker. Vox AD50VT or higher has Celestion speakers, though, and are better. Roland Cube is also an option, though I haven't played through one. Don't get a Marshall MG. You'll just end up regretting it. Same thing with Line 6. You could also go the way of like a Fender Hot Rod and get a pedal for distortion. So you have quite a few options
Hi, I'm Peter