does anybody know anything on this amp. i read up on it and it seems alright for a half stack and i can get it for $1099 brand new. would it be a good idea to go for it.. is it a decent amp. I tryed it out briefly and i liked it. just wondering what anyone else thinks on it.
Its not very good IMO...for that price you can get real tubes too, so why go for a hybrid.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by punkrocklove999
I tryed it out briefly and i liked it.

When it comes down to it, that's all that matters. I've never heard any of the newer marshalls, but from what i understand, the mg that people on UG always speak of is used quite a lot by professional musicians. It appears that the amp isn't all that bad if it's used properly, but that applies to all amps so we'll just leave that as it is.

For the price however, i would suggest you look into some other things. I'm assuming you like punk rock music, so maybe something along the lines of a jcm 900? A peavey 5150 or 6505 would fit you pretty well too, imo, and it's all tube.
Cheers
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
Quote by BlinkBlinkBlink
I've never heard any of the newer marshalls, but from what i understand, the mg that people on UG always speak of is used quite a lot by professional musicians.

It is? I only thought it was used mostly be people who are too wowed by the name "Marshall" to realize that they bought a sterile sounding, crappily built amp .

Anyway, the AVT is an *ok* amp - but it's horribly overpriced for how good it is.

What type of music do you play?

What guitar do you have?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
It is? I only thought it was used mostly be people who are too wowed by the name "Marshall" to realize that they bought a sterile sounding, crappily built amp .

Anyway, the AVT is an *ok* amp - but it's horribly overpriced for how good it is.

What type of music do you play?

What guitar do you have?

Yes, it is. It's quite surprising, actually. I haven't heard the amp myself, so i can't say what it sounds like. But it gets a lot of bad press around here, so i would assume that it sounds like cow udder. As such, i'm afraid to try the amp, not to mention i don't have the time to. I'll take your word for it, but otherwise, you might want to cut down on the sarcasm. Just a little rude to the tone.
Cheers
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
Quote by BlinkBlinkBlink
When it comes down to it, that's all that matters. I've never heard any of the newer marshalls, but from what i understand, the mg that people on UG always speak of is used quite a lot by professional musicians. It appears that the amp isn't all that bad if it's used properly, but that applies to all amps so we'll just leave that as it is.

For the price however, i would suggest you look into some other things. I'm assuming you like punk rock music, so maybe something along the lines of a jcm 900? A peavey 5150 or 6505 would fit you pretty well too, imo, and it's all tube.
Cheers

Someone who finally know's what they're talking about..

I have an MG. It may not be the greatest amp ever built, but it works for me. I like it.

If you like the AVT, then by all means go and buy it. It's all personal preference, not what anyone else thinks.

If it were up to UG, everyone would have a Roland Cube or a Vox.
^ I agree, which is why i hang around HC a bit more. Some of the people on this site are hell bent on advertising roland cubes and voxes....its like a god damn ad campaign.
Cheers
Quote by drevil814

Quote by flesh fries