Page 2 of 3
*stunned*

Fuc* me sideways. That was absolutely crazy. That guy is a fukking fast drummer. I liked it alot..but there has to be more than just the drums that makes them brutal.
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
i hate you mer der. i hope you get a boner and accidently fall on it.

Quote by rocknrollstar
Excuse my stupidity , but what is a urethra ?

Im guessing anus.
I like The parasites, such a badass song. The beggining when the guitar and drums coordinate is awesome.
Dave Mustaine for president.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
Quote by SinisterX
Sounds better than your band.

If I had any interest in playing technical death metal (which I do not), I would at least throw some sense of originality into it. The only saving grace is the drumwork, which in the world of tech death, really isn't THAT impressive. Sure, it's fast, but it's still not OMFGWTFANZBBQ.

Comparing them to my band is irrelevant, as they are 2 completely different styles, related only in the pitch and style of the vocal work. We do not strive to sound like every other boring ass death metal band on the planet, we strive to create a sound all our own, which I feel we have done. This band sounds like just another band you would hear on a Relapse sampler and not really want to restart the track for.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Yea but your band doesnt sound original either. The singer sounds like another typical death metal singer.
Dave Mustaine for president.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
Quote by SinisterX
Yea but your band doesnt sound original either. The singer sounds like another typical death metal singer.

That would make the singer un-original, no? You're basing your entire classification of a band on the vocal work, when the music is not a typcially growl-friendly style. You miss the subtle nuances of originality there.

The combination of IMO (and that of others), head-bangable riffs, with a vocal style driven by rhythmic patterns rather than brutality, is what makes the band original. This band just plays 280 beats a minutes, does some sweeps, growls a bit, and then does it all again on the next song and puts some cliche ass title on the pile of sterotypical.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Quote by SinisterX

that's pretty mean saying that to his face.

Quote by Spynal
That would make the singer un-original, no? You're basing your entire classification of a band on the vocal work, when the music is not a typcially growl-friendly style. You miss the subtle nuances of originality there.

The combination of IMO (and that of others), head-bangable riffs, with a vocal style driven by rhythmic patterns rather than brutality, is what makes the band original. This band just plays 280 beats a minutes, does some sweeps, growls a bit, and then does it all again on the next song and puts some cliche ass title on the pile of sterotypical.

I dunno man, IMO there isn't much originality in either your band or brain drill, but the reason i made this thread was to show you guys a band that I thought sounded pretty damn good, not for you guys to start dissin' each other and ****, you've basically said how you feel about this band, so no further bashing is needed, unless you want continuous bashing of band's to go back and forth, that is, but that's just stupid so lets get back to the reason i started this thread.

what do you guys think about brain drill?
Quote by legions
that's pretty mean saying that to his face.

I think Spynal can handle the opposition.

I'll admit, Brain Drill's theme is stereotypical......doesn't change the fact that it sounds great though.
I still cant get over that drum work. The dude is practically my age, how he manages to do that is completely beyond me.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
This guys are so awesome. I just got into them.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by SinisterX

Your a ****ing asshole. Get the **** up off your ass and do something musically creative before you start making absolutley ridiculous assumptions on anothers art. I suppose that you would classify "original" as any run of the mill Technical Death metal band.

And on topic, the band is alright. The only thing that keeps me interested is the drummer, but thats it.
Brain Drill is bomb, but Necrophagist is far more technical. Brain Drill is just faster paced and more sweep obsessed.
Speed =/= technicality. Most of the time anyway.
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
Yes, but faster drummer = technicality
Faster playing of similar things = technicality
MORE TECHNICAL PLAYING = TECHNICALITY

Necrophagist are a "better" band in my opinion, but Brain Drill are easily more technical.
Quote by Magero
Yes, but faster drummer = speed

Fixed.

Faster playing of similar things = speed

And again.

MORE TECHNICAL PLAYING = TECHNICALITY

No Shit.

Necrophagist are a "better" band in my opinion, but Brain Drill are easily more technical.

I don't listen to either so no comment on this.
Last edited by Taydr at Jan 17, 2009,
If you can sweep faster than someone else, you're a more technical player than they are. It's nothing to do with good or bad, it's pure technical ability.
Brain Drill are more technical than Necrophagist. This isn't even a debate
Quote by Magero
If you can sweep faster than someone else, you're a more technical player than they are. It's nothing to do with good or bad, it's pure technical ability.

See that. There's your keyword. Once again Speed =/= Technicality.

Brain Drill are more technical than Necrophagist. This isn't even a debate

Like I said, I listen to neither, so I'm not commenting on it.
Spawn of Possession crap on Necrophagist and Brain Drill in terms of technicality, so I win
! I liked Brain Drill...too bad it all got ruined
brain drill are a great technical band.
although too much of it gets boring.
Quote by megadeth rule
how do you trip on acid? was your shoelace untied?

Quote by perry589
Mikko, you remind me of a clogged up toilet. You're the poo that won't go away.
Quote by Taydr
See that. There's your keyword. Once again Speed =/= Technicality.

Like I said, I listen to neither, so I'm not commenting on it.

In this case, they mean the same mate.
If you sweep at 80bpm in 8th notes, and then someone else sweeps at 260bpm in 16th notes, the second person is the more technical.
We're not talking about how fast you can tremelo pick or how fast you can play a Slayer beat. Go listen to a Necrophagist song, and then go listen to a Brain Drill song, you might understand what I'm trying to say.
I can only listen to one or two brain drill songs at a time before I'm burned out on it. Hurts my brain.
Quote by Magero
In this case, they mean the same mate.
If you sweep at 80bpm in 8th notes, and then someone else sweeps at 260bpm in 16th notes, the second person is the more technical.
We're not talking about how fast you can tremelo pick or how fast you can play a Slayer beat. Go listen to a Necrophagist song, and then go listen to a Brain Drill song, you might understand what I'm trying to say.

Still haven't realised I'm taking the piss.

Besides is not speed a technique? Therefore the faster you can play something, it's always gonna be more technical than playing it slower.
Necrophagist is more technical in theory, like rhythm/composition/etc, but brain drill is basically physically impossible to play for all instruments.

And yeah, I agree with the guy above me about SoP. Spawn of Possession was probably summoned by Satan himself to say "**** you, I'm better" to every technical metal band out there.
There's WAY more to technicality than just pure speed of playing. It has to do with the influence that made the music as well as the time signatures.

I doubt (assuming what they write is the best they can do) that Brain Drill could play Necrophagist material, and have no doubt that Necrophagist could easily play Brain Drill's stuff.

Again, I love both bands so I'm not saying either one sucks or is the best in the world.
Quote by insideac
Spawn of Possession crap on Necrophagist and Brain Drill in terms of technicality, so I win
! I liked Brain Drill...too bad it all got ruined

I heard your acoustic cover of Lash By Lash. You must be some kind of god, or something.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
i used to have a video of marco playing along to the parasites, but i can't find it anywhere, anyone have a link to it?
My sig is better than yours
Quote by piratemetalhead
Spawn of Possession was probably summoned by Satan himself to say "Fuck you, I'm better" to every technical metal band out there.
Quote by Snyper
i used to have a video of marco playing along to the parasites, but i can't find it anywhere, anyone have a link to it?

I'd also like this. If it's the clip I'm thinking of it used to be on their Myspace page but obviously is gone since Marco is no longer playing for them...