ok well ive read the manual and that was kind of informing, and then intensive googleing but what im wondering is what the UK 70's, 80's, and Modern amps are.

i know theyre marshalls.

is it

Plexi, 900, 2000, or what?

ive never payed toooo much attention but it seems that people say Plexi, Super Lead and 800 900 and jmp 45 in the same sentence. can someone clarify?

also, does anyone know what US Higain is?

ive heard its a Mark series and then i heard its a Soldano.

??

thank you fellow ugers.

Edit: sorry, this is referring to a Valvetronix series amp.

also does anyone know the history of the jtm, jmp and early jcm era?
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
Last edited by boardsofcanada at May 5, 2006,
US Higain = Peavey 5150

im pretty sure of that one
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.
Quote by boardsofcanada
ok well ive read the manual and that was kind of informing, and then intensive googleing but what im wondering is what the UK 70's, 80's, and Modern amps are.

i know theyre marshalls.

is it

Plexi, 900, 2000, or what?

ive never payed toooo much attention but it seems that people say Plexi, Super Lead and 800 900 and jmp 45 in the same sentence. can someone clarify?

also, does anyone know what US Higain is?

ive heard its a Mark series and then i heard its a Soldano.

??

thank you fellow ugers.

Edit: sorry, this is referring to a Valvetronix series amp.

also does anyone know the history of the jtm, jmp and early jcm era?

Im pretty sure uk 80's is marshal jcm.
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
I've got the same amp, and I think your idea was correct. Plexi, 800 or 900, 2000. Seems right to me.
Quote by Vandaliztik
US Higain = Peavey 5150

im pretty sure of that one

I thought US Hi Gain was a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier..

And I agree with jmac72187 about the Marshall amp models.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Quote by boardsofcanada

sometime in the middle of the 60s Jim Marshall starts building copies of Fender Bassmans (but he uses higher gain tubes since thats what he has available). These are the JTM45s and Bluebreaker combos, they've got about 40w to 50w of output.
Soon after that people demand more power so we get the JTM50s (which spawns the 1987 model) and the JTM100s (which spawn the legendary 1959 model)

a couple of things happen in between (200w Marshal Majors and the prized 18w combos)

Most of the amps up to this area are know as "plexis" because they have plexiglass faceplates that are painted gold

In 1967 Marshall drop the plexi faceplates and come out with gold colours brushed aluminium: these amps are the JMPs. Still continuing on the 2 main models, the 1987 and the 1959 (which gets "Super Lead" added into the name, this is the amp practically built up 70s rock).
In 1975 they introduce the master volume models (have a master volume control so you can crank up the preamp yet still keep things quiet) with model numbers 2203 (100w) and 2204 (50w).

In 1981 they drop out the old amp design and pring in the JCM800 style amps which then last for the rest of the 80s. Still keeping the models from before (just with more dimanance of the 2203 and 2204 now, yous till get the 1959 and 1987). They also bring the the 2 channel JCM800s with reverb+fx loop (2205 and 2210). These 2 models also start using diodes for more clipping, some people don't like this but its not that bad.

In 1987 its their 25th anniversary so they also put out the Silver Jubilees (models 255x) brought to fame by Slash and a couple of others (John Frusciante). The first ones where covered with silver vinyl and had chrome faceplates. These are basically the 2 channel JCM800s with some neat stuff added in.

In 1990 they cut the JCM800s and bring in the JCM900s. Basically a continuation of the master volume JCM800s. They have more gain as well. General 90s rock/metal sound.

In 1992 they also issue 30th anniversary models (which are covered in blue this time, with gold faceplate and logo), models 610x. I believe these ones only have tubes for clipping, no diodes. Also have some midi switching and stuff.

in 1997 they cut the JCM900s and slowly start bringing in the JCM2000s which we currently have
Last edited by seljer at May 6, 2006,
The US highgain is a soldano.
The NuMetal is a recto.
The UK 80s is a JCM.

Yeah, ive got the amp and i looked it up.
UK Blues: Bluesbreaker
UK 80s: JCM800
UK 90s: JCM900 (I think)
UK Modern: JCM2000 (I think)
Recto: DUHHHHHH
US Higain: Soldano SLO-something
Boutique OD: I dunno
Boutique CL: I dunno
Black 212: Fender something
Tweed 112: Fender something
Tweed 410: Fender Bassman
AC15, AC15TB, AC30, AC30TB: DUHHHH
Im pretty sure that the Boutique OD and Boutique clean is based on the "Dumble overdrive special"
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
^All I know is whatever they're based on, both models are from the same manufacturer. It says so in my manual.

So you're probably right.
^Mike (?) Soldano was a very, VERY successful modder of Marshall JCM800s, so he decided to make his own "perfect" amp. And as far as I'm concerned, he's succeeded.

Kind of a guitarical equivalent of Steve Saleen (look him up, fools)