I just switched from light guage to heavy guage strings and i gotta say, i love heavy guage. it seems like everything i play sounds better. Any1 else love heavy guage strings?
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
How heavy.

I use 10's.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by rubberbullets
no

^I'll go with him.............
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
I do. I use 13's. I'm gonna switch down to 9's though. I feel like a change *shrugs*
My name is Marc! Silly username.
i use 11s and absolutly love them
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
I use 15s

Weeeeeee

And I use a Ernie Ball skinny top heavy bottom strings too

And I have an ultra ultra ultra light, like 7 or 8
Quote by gtrfrk123
I just switched from light guage to heavy guage strings and i gotta say, i love heavy guage. it seems like everything i play sounds better. Any1 else love heavy guage strings?

I sure do; everything sounds better; and the difference in playing difficulty is negligable.
I mostly use .012 or .013, and that's in standard tuning.
9-46 for mostly drop D.

The GHS Boomers TNT set, which is heavy on the bottom 3 stings and light on the top three, is a nice set of strings too. But I still favor my light gauge.
11's for me. I would go thicker, but I don't know if my Earvana nut can handle it
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by mr_hankey
I sure do; everything sounds better; and the difference in playing difficulty is negligable.

13's in standard are awesome. I feel like I play faster and tighter on thicker strings. And that one.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
I agree - I went to 11s after always using 9s and I certainly think it sounds and plays better. Now I always use heavy strings

But then I am mainly a bassist.
Heavy strings are ok, but kind of a pain for some things. I use 10s, coz they're a good compromise.
I use 11s usually, but right now i've got 10s on because the music store was out.
i use .011-.049 and usually tune 1/2 a step down. i also really like tuning half a step down on acoustics, it makes bending a lot easier.
sorry, i forgot to mention i use Boomers. I use 11s but would like to go thicker
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Quote by Air Guitarist!
i use ernie ball super slinkys, im gonna try hybrid slinkys or try out ernie balls next

Those slinkies provde this twangy sound, which annoys me. With my 15s, I get a fuller and a more guitar-ish sound, rather than steel string vibrating
I use Ernie Ball .011s right now, but I'll use the pink .009s after I run out. You can dig into .009s like no other string gauge. They're almost essential if your trying to play Van Halen.
what happened to the proposed Kirk Hammett flamenco album?

His acoustic didn't sound good with wah pedal, I suppose.
Quote by StratRat13
13's in standard are awesome. I feel like I play faster and tighter on thicker strings. And that one.

So do I. It seems that the string flaps and hangs less on the pick because it's tighter.

Quote by mr_hankey

And yeah it's true, it bends almost as easy as light strings (well for me hehe) and it sounds way richer, stay better in tune and are harder to break (I break 10's just by bending them) Plus, you can play with a uber low action without fret buzz

Back in my days I was playing with 13's on an acoustic in stardard tuning; you can get seriously strong fingers with that.
Last edited by malakian_rocks at May 29, 2006,
i've used 9s forever, but have a feeling when I try 10s im gonna love them...

I'm gonna try them soon, I just have to go for it lol
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

12's here. The sound good in standard, but even better half a step down, because you get this really cool grind thing that goes on...
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
shhit im using zakk wylde boomers..i think theyre the thickest?
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
I have 11 elixirs, they kick EB 9s, because those slinkies SUCK DICK********CRAP!!!!!!!!!!
I also have 12s, for a baritone tuning.

Thick strings kick ass, because slinkies are the crappiest strings on earth, they are worse than putting nylon strings on your guitar (yes, no sound, thats how bad they are)
I wanna put some 8's on for extreme death metal C and D tunings on my Lo-Pro Edge. But really, when I get my RR5 (one day, next year methinks), i'm putting 8's on it. They rule.
I use D'arrio 9.s but I'm gonna put some 10.s or 11.s on soon.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?