I have a bass combo with a direct line out, Is the output impedance of the line out safe to run to the input of another amp? There is a volume control for the line out.

Anyone know?
You run the direct line out into the power amp in/fx return of the other amp if thats what you want to do.

Or you can get a A/B/Y box to split and choose between the amps (and you'd be able to set up different settings on each amp, or run different effects to each amp)

Or you can use a effect pedal that has 2 outputs to split the signal to 2 amps

Or you could make your one Y connector thingy with a couple of 1/4" jacks and some audio cables
I know I can do it with a/b/y or cables, Just wondering if its safe to use the line out

The power amp in wouldnt use my amps power amp would it..? I thought that turned the combo into a cab.
Quote by chase312
I know I can do it with a/b/y or cables, Just wondering if its safe to use the line out

The power amp in wouldnt use my amps power amp would it..? I thought that turned the combo into a cab.

line out of one amp -> power amp in of the other amp

you'd the first one as the master amp (were you mess with the EQ and all that), and the slave, only copying the signal and amplifying it for loudness (this is how they make those walls of full stacks work)

the other would be a cab only if you took the speakers out from the first amp and connected it directly to the speakers of the second amp, bypassing the entire amp portion
Couldn't remember if power amp in meant running a signal from a power amp INto the combo, or if it was an INput to the combos power amp.

But thats straightened out. Thanks :]