Hey guys,

I have one quick question for you - is the Laney TF700 120w guitar amplifier head any good for metal? I'm after a head thats gives really good distortion tones for really heavy music, like Nile, Arch enemy, Kalmah, Norther, Opeth, Cob, etc

Thanks guys,

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Last edited by danastasi at May 5, 2006,
It could be good,I always wanted to get a Laney stack that or Krank is good for heavy tones.GWAR use em,Dimebag used em in Damageplan,good heavy tone,and Randalls 2 i think have good tone

Toni Iommi uses Laney in Sabbath so,what else can i say?
Empire Records one of the best films ever.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren?
I thouht his name was Warren?

"slayer sabbath:
whats wrong with metal, has this website been taking over by power chording, girl pants wearing, emos?"
Cheers guys,

Is this a solid state? I saw it on ebay and couldnt tell. The guy who is selling it says it has, "The TF700 features a hot running ECC83 tube in the drive circuit for those full on awesome, tube drive tone" What does he mean by that then???

Cheers,

Dan
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Its a hybrid.

I've got experience with the TF50 and TF100. They've got suprisingly nice cleans, they won't do metal though (up to the heavier side of rock is possible though, its distortion isn't the most amazing thing in the world though), you'd need some kind of distortion pedal so evil that it kills babies then rapes their mothers if you wan't metal sounds from it.
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Last edited by danastasi at May 5, 2006,
Quote by adam02
Lol if u want to buy a cabinet by itself then go ahead, but it wont be good for anything let alone metal.

You need to do some more research before you plan on buying anything.

hahahahaha,

yeah I do get what you're saying, but I was thinking - does the cab you're using make that much difference to the head? If so, I'll get a decent cab and a decent head - thats kinda what I was getting at.....

p.s - this is my research - I'm not buying anything right now - I just wanna know what I should aim for..... hahahaha

Cheers anyway

Dan
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Kick ass high gain tube amps:

Mesa Boogie (the new Rectifiers will do it but Mesa have many older amps that will also do kickass metal sounds: a legendary Mark IIC+ or the other things in the Mark series)
Engl
Diezel
Bogner
Framus
Splawn
VHT
Peavey 5150/6105
Soldano
Laney

as for cabinets I believe there is something about the Mesa Boogie recto cabinets (which are a bit bigger than the traditional sized ones) easily sounding too muddy? can't remember exactly but its been mentioned on here
Last edited by seljer at May 5, 2006,
Thanks for that seljer,

Ill have a look at some of them! They're probably pretty hard to get here is Australia.....

cheers mate,

Dan
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9