Are they as bad as people say, just because it's off brand. I want the electric 5-string and the acoustic bass. Should I or should'nt I. I'm not going to be performing with it, just messing around and recording with it.
Chuck Norris doesn't read, he stares books down until they give him the information he wants.

My Gear:
Washburn WR120
Randall RG100SC
Behringer XV-amp
Silvertone bass
go play one, and see for yourself- you might love it, it might suit your needs perfectly.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
YEah, they always seemed kind of shady to me. I considered thir 6 string, but i couldnt find enough brand info.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Don't buy one sight unseen. You might end up unhappy.

If you can test play it, do it, if not, go for a safer bet.
I was kind of hoping for advice from someone that has actually played one.

Wheres MetalUpTheAss when you need him?
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
I have a Rogue SX100B. I purchased it about two years ago as a starter bass, and it has served that purpose well. As far as quality of the instrument goes, I'm no expert, but it is moderately okay. Like I said, it has served my purposes, I've played for church and some small gigs, but it is starting to break down. The tone knob is very loose right now, and the biggest problem I have had is with the input jack, the wires kept coming detached. There is some rattling of the strings, and the neck doesn't play too fast.

Based on my experience (however, I do have the lowest budget Rogue out there...) a Rogue is good for starters, maybe if you are just testing the bass waters, you can do so without spending a bundle, but I wouldn't trust them (at least mine) to anything above small gigs.

I agree with ToolBass_dude and Iluvpowerchords, try it before you buy it.