So, a few months ago i put thicker strings on my guitar but i didn't add another spring.the problem is that the strings are always detunning even if i put the strings 2 months ago!!as i said, i didn't add another spring,and i believe that the detunning is caused by the lack of this 1 spring.am i right??
you need to tighten the springs in the back a bit. Until the bridge is parallel with the body. Ill try find you a picture of what i mean

This is my guitars bridge. Where the side of it meets the body (theres a blue square around it), that needs to be parallel with the body.

When i took this photo, my bridge was slightly sunken, by this i mean the right side of the bridge has sunk slightly into the bridge. If this happened, i would need to release the tension in the springs in the back in order to make the bridge flat.
Been away, am back
^ read.

You dont need a new spring, you need to unscrew the screws in the back cavity slightly.
Been away, am back
you need to turn them counter-clockwise equally. Keep going until the bridge is flat
Been away, am back
if the bridge is sunk in. then the back is too tight and its pulling the bridge INTO the guitar.

in that case u need to loosen the springs (like said) OR remove a spring.

u add a spring when the bridge is lifted UP from the body. because in that case there isnt Enough pull from the back.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
look,when i placed the new strings the bridge went very high.i asked in a few posts,and they told me to play with the screws at the back of the guitar,where the springs are.now the bridge is sunken.The strings remain the same
yes, well, it needs to be flat-ish.

so if its sunk in, then release some of the pressure.
if it gets too raised again then add Spring pressure. its a constant balancing act.

im sorry if its not an easy thing to do. but this is the correct answer. the best way to keep a guitar in tune is to keep it properly balanced.

example of 2 screws and 5 springs.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

this morning i made the bridge parallel with the body.when i tried to tune it,(apart from the fact that it was still detunning) the bridge went very high.that's why i think i should add another spring(or i could just remove the thick strings and place thinners)What do u think???
what model guitar are we talking about here?

the answer is somewhere inbetween.
u need to either screw the screws in a little more and leave the spring off, or add the spring and loosen the screws a little.
the scres are more of a fine tune.
the springs should get u close, and the screws finish the job.

if its a floyd, get the bridge as close to level as u can, and then cross tune to keep it from down tuning.
u tune the low E, then the high e, then A, then B, and so on.

ull still need to cross tune it a few times but eventually it will stop falling out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

is that a ton of cash?
im trying to get an idea of guitar quality.

the instructions still stand, but if u spent a bundle on this guitar and are really unhappy with its ability to stay tuned.
it might be worth it to bring it in for a pro set up. they are expensive but then u can ask to watch him set it up for u.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62