Ive been using these strings since i started playing and i love em alot but i found out the other day guitar center isnt going to carry them anymore . Does anyone know where else i can get them?
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Why aren't they carrying them anymore?

I'm sure they'll still be pretty easy to find online.
Quote by LiLFLiP
Why aren't they carrying them anymore?

I'm sure they'll still be pretty easy to find online.

He said something to the effect of that there was new management change at Elixir and they were going to jack up the price of strings and GC wasnt digging it so they just decided to drop them.

Quote by ChaosZeppelin21
Ya there are a ton of sites. www.musiciansfriend.com is probably my favorite but there are a lot of others.

i dont really wanna buy them online cuz i have to wait + pay for shipping. Id rather just go down to the store. Plus it gives me an excuse to go bang on some expensive guitar for free.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
damn i guess go look for another store near that one or so????

Or order alot of them buy ur local GC store if possible i dunno if you can cuz of what u said above.
I've tried Elixirs, and REALLY tried to like them, but I hate their sound. I know people who swear by them, and they really do last a lot longer. But that coating seems to rob the strings of their brightness. I love the brightness I get out of a new set of Slinky or Blue Steels. I find Elixirs tend to sound the way my preferred strings do after a couple of weeks of playing (at which point I change for new ones). At that point, once that brightness is gone, I consider my strings dead. So to my ear, installing new Elixirs sounds like installing dead strings.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
use a different coated string. i dont like elixers on electrics either, but if u are crazy about them, then look at DR coated.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
man, and i was gonna go buy a few more packs in a couple months once i got back home
Quote by jj1565
use a different coated string. i dont like elixers on electrics either, but if u are crazy about them, then look at DR coated.

DR has coated strings?
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you