your opinion on splawn amps and the styles they can do.

im talking abuot the quick rod and the pro mod.

thx
They're good. I've heard that they have both good cleans and a nice high-gain sound. Personally, I prefer Bogner (Uberschall) and Soldano (SLO-100). Here's some sound clips for the Splawn amps:

http://rocksolidamps.com/sounds.php (near the bottom of that page).
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Splawn, thats the wierdest amp name Ive ever heard, I thought yiu were taking the piss

another dream
i was taking a shower
and i took my penis off to wash it
but i couldnt figure out how to put it back on
so it ran away- Superunkown
beatiful anecdote
^nah, the guy's actually called scott splawn, as far as i know, lol.

I hear they're great, as everyone said, boutique hot-rodded marshall tones- haven't been able to try one, unfortunately.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
im asking this because ive been wanting to get a JCM800/JCM2000, but feared the need to use an OD to get into trivium/metallica territory. im going to go see if the DSL/TSL is for me as one of the local shops has just received one and see if i like it (gain wise, im pretty sure ill like it tone-wise).

since splawn's quick rod is a JCM800/plexi in a box + gain, i was thinking abuot saving up for one. plus i could get a badass design on it.
the 2000s are really more modern voiced than the 800s or 900s, you should take that into consideration.

Also, you could get the 800 modded pretty easily... Maybe throw in an extra gain stage or something.
ill just check out the dsl/tsl (dunno which one they have) tomorow.

if i were to get an amp modded, id rather directly get the splawn quick rod, take down the name-plate, and stick a marshall plate on it.
Well why would you take the name plate off? lol splawn are a perfectly respectable company if you ask me.

But think about it, you can get completely custom mods done and they dont cost THAT much money, surely it would be less than a splawn amp... You could have whatever you wanted done to it, too.
well, i live in france, so shipping would be a biatch. i know splawn are a respectable company. i dont really care what company its from, but i was just saying if i HAD to get an amp modded.

from the sound clips, it sounds like EVH, but can it do stuff like metallica riffin on MOP and trivium?
^from what i hear from a guy who owns a quick rod, it'll do metal, but not nu-metal.

i assume that means stuff like maiden, priest, old metallica, megadeth and the like, but not stuff like korn, killswitch engage and similar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Love the Splawn clips.

I think with a OD pedal or two in front of the Pro Mod, it'll do metal and probably nu-metal just fine.
Quote by jpetrucci5655
well, i live in france, so shipping would be a biatch. i know splawn are a respectable company. i dont really care what company its from, but i was just saying if i HAD to get an amp modded.

from the sound clips, it sounds like EVH, but can it do stuff like metallica riffin on MOP and trivium?

Well I'm sure there are plenty of people who will mod your amps all over the world, not just in the US. Marshalls are especially cheap in europe...
Yeah.

I'm not sure how much JCM800's go used in the US, but I would assume around $1000?

Throw in a mod or two from a professional. . . I would hope it doesn't cross into the price of a Splawn.