You know you love it

I have a bunch of people on my back because i think that a certain riff sounds better when ended on a Cmaj barre chord.

It's in 3/4 timing, sort of waltzy, and it's a Dm7 for two bars, then an Em7 for another two bars, then it lands on the Cmaj. I think it sounds great when on the Cmaj, but everyone else thinks it would be better ending on an Am7. I think it sounds dumb like that. I know all the theory behind the chords and why they think it's "better" when ended on the Am7, but the Cmaj just sound better to me.

Try playing it and tell me which one sounds better?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by Ace88 at May 6, 2006,
They both sound fine, depends on the feel you want. They share the same notes, except Am7 has an A in it.
Nether is better than the other... it's all dependant on context and mood.
Looking for my India/Django.
Its a happy-ish feeling song. I wish i could upload a sound clip so you could hear it.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

Well why is there an arguement?

I assume you are writing the song. If that is the mood you want, by using C, go for it. The only problem I could see is if you're arguing with your band and they're co-writers.
No, it was in my guitar class and i just randomly started playing that riff and i asked someone what chord it should end on. She gave me no help, so i started fiddling around until i found that the Cmaj works, then she said that it should land on the Am7. I said it sounds more complete with the former, but according to her and my teacher the latter is what the scale is. Im telling them that it isnt because the Dm7 and Em7 are the 2nd and 3rd in the C major scale but they're telling me my own riff is the 4th and 5th of A major.

Damn it, the Cmaj works better!
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by Ace88
Im telling them that it isnt because the Dm7 and Em7 are the 2nd and 3rd in the C major scale but they're telling me my own riff is the 4th and 5th of A major.

Damn it, the Cmaj works better!

4th and 5th should be major chords in a major key.
Warned for professing love of "moose penis."

The resolution to A is just a more common V-I resolution. If you like it resolving to C use that, neither is more correct than the other really.

-SD
I like the C better. But then I liked it best when I went Dm7 Em7 C C7 F G C.