Hey guys!
I want to sell my mex Strat with Hot rails on bridge and buy new guitar,
I want to buy :"race guitar" fast one, with 24 frets and slim neck.
I'm thinking about ibanez RG2550E , what do you think about it? Have somebody played on it? OR do you have any other proposition for guitar with this price?

cheers
Pretty much unanimously you will be suggested an ibanez rg1570 with a pickup swap, which will then pwn the 2550E. I would try and find a battered j custom for that kinda price myself but hey
yup here it comes!!!

ibanez rg1570, u save up money, and buy some pups to upgrade and it will pwn it so bad. It will equal out the steve vai jem if you put the same pickups on there as vais guitar. (well the replicas, cuz he go the original in his back closet ).
^ No, Steve's guitar (EVO) is made of alder, while the RG1570 (which I highly recommend) is made of basswood.
^one of the Jems is also basswood.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by wylde_overdrive
^ No, Steve's guitar (EVO) is made of alder, while the RG1570 (which I highly recommend) is made of basswood.

alder ya forgot. so it means that if u upgrade the same pups on the rg1570, it will be lil better than the jem? since basswood is in the middle of alder and mahogni.

I thought it was american basswood or was this type of wood only for the universe guitars?
so its better to buy rg 1570?
But tell me guys what do u think about rg2550E. I play solo's stuff, if u know what i mean.
kind of vai, satriani , g. lynchetc. You know shred things. Will it be good for shred? Somebody own that rg or played on it?
cheers.

bts its a cool forum
Last edited by Cosmic Acid at May 6, 2006,
They're both nice guitars, the 2550e would probably be better if you don't want to swap pups. I personally like the Dimarzio IBZ's a lot more than the V7/S1/V8's.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
the ibanez dimarzios will suck trust me i just played one today and there is barely no difference with a rg1570 except you need to swap the pups. On the rg2550, shoot, u be wasting money.
and do you guys see another good guitar in this range of price, for shred and all that stuff?
either rg 1570 or 2550 will be fine.

For other option- Ebay for a used rg 5xx and up. the neck is slimmer.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
hey guys , i just found that one music store in my country have a discount for rg 2550e and it in the same price as rg1570 now, so i will take 2550e
Well you clearly didnt want to listen to any advice given. You will still need to swap the pickups to get a decent sound.
i bet it has lots of scratches on the pickguard and some chips and such. Well yeah he still has to switch the pups.
no guys, its new one, from internet shop. Why switch? Arent they good? I play know on mexican strat and i like its pups, so rg isnt gonna be as bad ;/ cmon, its better to get rg2500e than 1570 when theyre in same price ....
well really the major difference i see is the pickguard and the pickups and since the pickups on the 2550e arent that great (apparently) you might aswell get the 1570 and put new pickups in them unless you like your guitar with a pickguard
Ugh, just buy a 15xx and change the pickups.

Build quality is the same, and the pickups on the 25xx aren't good enough to keep anyway.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
but i told u that in my country its a discount in a shop so the're at the same price!! SO dont you think that its better to buy 2550e? c'mon! Even if i buy 1570 i wiil not have money for pickups ..
Then yes, I guess...
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
How about just trying out the guitars you like in your price range.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
i think it doenst matter up to this point if they cost the same. btw what amp do u have?
my amp really sux, i have marshal avt50, its clean chanell is ok but overdrive is just uhhh really bad. So i use boss mt-2 for distortion, but it sux too and guys tell me what do u think is best distortion effect for shred?
tahts bad..., but buy the guitar since that guitar cant get any lower. and save up for a higher priced amp so ur sound will own so bad.
yeah dude, i dont think i will change my amp fast so i'm looking for same good distortion efect, i think now about Os-2 by BOSS, will it be good for shred?
i dunno i only own a mt-2 metalzone pedal and thats it. I always had money for a crybaby wah pedal but wasting on other stuff not guitar like. still getting that halfstack tho in july OHYA lol

i dunno sry ......U tried it yet?
nah, i tried ds-2 , but its awful.
other is marshall JH-1, its really cool, but i dont think its good for shred stuff.

I think yngwie plays os-2 , and his tone is cool.

yeah dude same with me, i had money for distortion, and i wanted to buy it but by the way i found really cool clothes and i waste my money on them.. jeez hehe,
lol u cant be naked on a gig or w/e .........argh! i would never see your band again ever! lol

anyways, hmmm u dont play metal?? i cant offor so many things about pedals but i got the mt-2 metal zone for metal but also shred is good since its like they are connected. Dunno people hate it on here but until i get my new amp and hte pedal go with it the distortion will pwn any pedal >.>
yeah dude i play those things but for me mt-2 really sux, i dont like it so i'm looking for something better. I have cool sounds from my toneport or pandora, but when it comes to play from amp my tone sux ;/

I'm not naked when im gigging hahaha trust me these were really cool clothes