My dad recently bought me an Epiphone Les Paul Custom. Thing is, I just feel sooo much more comfortable playing stratocaster type guitars, and I find the les paul harder to play. Is it something I will get used to or is it just simply that les paul guitars arent for me?
You'll probably get used to it, Strats and LP's feel very different from each other usually.
Just give it time.
Also, do you like the sound?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
When I first got my Les Paul, it was different. But I eventually got used to it. I'm used to playing strat and warlock shaped guitars, now the Les Paul is my favorite type of guitar. Give it some time.
When I got my epiphone LP I loved it so so much. Much smoother than my copy strat.
At least it will stay in tune! I much prefer Gibson styles to Fender styles. If you play right up the neck the set neck feels much better than a Fender style bolt on.
Well I had the same feeling in the start! But now i think the Gibson is way more comfatble to play on.
Quote by Yakult
Why are you talking to yourself? Stay off the drugs
you will get used to anything if you play it enough
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out:
Me
Quote by smb
At least it will stay in tune! I much prefer Gibson styles to Fender styles. If you play right up the neck the set neck feels much better than a Fender style bolt on.

laff.

My mexican strat holds a tune for about three times as long as my LP Standard I honestly don't like the set neck as much as I do bolt-on, the cutaway gives you more access than a LP anyway.

You say these opnions as if they're facts.

Threadstarter-
Why did you buy a LP when you like stratocaster feel more? It makes no sense.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
Threadstarter-
Why did you buy a LP when you like stratocaster feel more? It makes no sense.

Think he said his dad bought it.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
the main reason i think they feel different is the way their necks and bodies are angled.
On strats, the neck and body are on the same angle, which gives less room to pick, and gives a different feel.
Gibsons bodys are slightly on a different angle to their necks, which gives more room between the strings and bodys.
Personally, i feel very constricted on my strat, but i still love the tone, so its a sacrifice i make.
Fender '82 Walnut Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
EHX English Muff'n
Boss DD-6
if you prefer the LP tone, thats all that matters. Personally, I prefer strats for tone and feel(I play an american fender strat) But the LP comes second! My mate has a gibson LP standard

another dream
i was taking a shower
and i took my penis off to wash it
but i couldnt figure out how to put it back on
so it ran away- Superunkown
beatiful anecdote
Yes you need big hands to reach thje higher frets, yes it's heavy, yes it has a thick neck and yes the strap buttons are placed odd, but the sound and the playability is amazing. My LP Classic blew me away.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
It STILL doesn't make much sense unless his dad is pretty clueless.. lol

lol yeah my dad did buy it, I told him that I definately wanted to try one out before buying, but apparently he found a decent deal on ebay
the guitar is way different. and its personal feel, if you like the strat better, sell the LP and get a strat.

so its really your prefence, so if you dont like it, sell it. and the final decision is you.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
You say these opnions as if they're facts.

I would have thought saying "I prefer" made it apparent I was giving my preference. You probably have a hard-tail strat if that's true, or a badly set up tune-o-matic on your LP.