hey i want to buy this but dont know much about recording....i just want a cheap little CASSETTE recorder becuase i just like the thought of my music on a tape. Well i dont understand the language they talk about this thing on musicians friend....but i was wondering if i could record the guitar on this and then add singing? Can anyone help me? here are some of the features it has:

TASCAM Porta02mkII Start-Up Package Features:

* Totally portable and great for practice and for recording your musical creations
* Features a 4-track cassette recorder with 2-track simultaneous recording capability
* 2 - 1/4" inputs including a Hi-Z guitar input for recording direct
* Dedicated linear faders
* Level and pan controls for each channel
* Headphone jack with independent level control, stereo/mono switching, and a master L-R output

The Porta02mkII recorder is totally portable and great for practice and recording your musical creations. It features a 4-track cassette recorder with 2-track simultaneous recording capability. 2 - 1/4" inputs including a Hi-Z guitar input for recording direct, dedicated linear faders, and level and pan controls for each channel. Also has a headphone jack with independent level control, stereo/mono switching, and a master L-R output. Includes full TASCAM warranty.

Start-Up Package includes Porta02mkII, one TDK SA-X60KX 60-minute high-bias tape, HPVP1 headphones, and MCPV1 mic with XLR to 1/4" cable.
yeah u can do a lot with this little thing. Ive got one, its awesome. only thing bad is u can only do one track at a time, not bad at all though, for the price

EDIT: and that mic cable is awesome if you dont have anything with XLR inputs on it, and you still wanna plug some nice vocal mic into a practice amp or something
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out: