Hello Guys !

I introduce myself, my name is Thomas Bressel, i'm a french guitar player, professional since 1998, endorsed by LAG guitars (french guitars), and my principal job is guitar teacher

I give you 2 licks, the first one is about 4 notes per strings techniques on a C Major scale. The second one about sweeping arpeggios.
These exercices don't have any music way, but juste for training your hands

1 - Four notes per string scale

4 notes per string, but what for ? the principal reason why i sometime used this way of phrasing, is for accented notes, every 4 notes an accent is produced with the pick, then playing legato the three other notes. You can get a very smooth phrasing.

Playing this extentions are really tired for the left hand, so if your left hand morphology can't doing these extentions, don't insist, there is another way to execute them.
When you start and play G and A your hand is fix, but for A to B you can slightly pivote you left hand to get the B while letting the A and G.
To resume you must only let 2 fingers at the same time on each strings

this is the rest of this first exercice :

I quickly recorded this lick in a webcam video :
1st lick Video - Shred1.WMV

2 - 6 notes sweeping arpeggios

This lick in video :
2nd lick Video - Shred2.WMV
You're pretty awesome
Oh and thanks for the exercises
Maybe next time you can play it slowly once in the video before you go crazy though
Nice chops, but really, these examples need to be explained more and put into more context. And put into the right forum too.

Perhaps info on how to best preform legato 4nps? Moving from legato fundamentals to how they apply to 4nps? Make the transition easy on your average guitarist, you know you want to.
The sweep arpeggios are mislabelled, I think you mean 120 instead of 220. 32nds at 220 would be over 29 notes per second

EDIT: lol well actually you have stuff in your 1st example that hits about 28 nps.... so maybe you do mean 220? Although your tempo says moderate so I'm guessing you meant 120. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Last edited by psychodelia at May 5, 2006,
yes nicely done my fine french friend
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Ah, so all you Frenchies aren't stupid after all

^Not really. I don't have anything against Frenchies. Even though Napa Valley wine is better than French wine...

But yeah, more description, perhaps?

EDIT: Excellent job. These sound pretty damn snazzy...Say, what program did you use to transcribe this?

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
how can you play that fast? how many people can play that fast? I've been playing 6 months and those videos blew my mind!
Quote by Freepower
Nice chops, but really, these examples need to be explained more and put into more context. And put into the right forum too.

Perhaps info on how to best preform legato 4nps? Moving from legato fundamentals to how they apply to 4nps? Make the transition easy on your average guitarist, you know you want to.

well this examples aren't build to put into any music context, they could, but ther not very musical lol.
So it's better to play them just as exercices to move fingers

euhh for the choice of the topic, i'm sorry, my english got is limit.
Quote by psychodelia
The sweep arpeggios are mislabelled, I think you mean 120 instead of 220. 32nds at 220 would be over 29 notes per second

EDIT: lol well actually you have stuff in your 1st example that hits about 28 nps.... so maybe you do mean 220? Although your tempo says moderate so I'm guessing you meant 120. Correct me if I'm wrong.

no, is was 220 for sweep arpeggios, the mistake was from "moderate" , but the indicated tempo is right
Quote by thomas bressel
no, is was 220 for sweep arpeggios, the mistake was from "moderate" , but the indicated tempo is right

Well in that case, holy crap I need to get to work
Hey i'm Thinking about getting a lag arkane flamed 200. Can you tell me something about it. I play metal. So is this the perfect metal guitar. I currently have a Agile AL-3000 but i want 24 frets and a tremolo.
Quote by bassmasta96
Hey i'm Thinking about getting a lag arkane flamed 200. Can you tell me something about it. I play metal. So is this the perfect metal guitar. I currently have a Agile AL-3000 but i want 24 frets and a tremolo.

Well for the price, if i were you i won't hesitate, LAG built guitars with a very high precision ! many pupils of mine got a LAG ! and their happy to play on !