Happy Cinco De Mayo, today we remember the sad day when 30 tons of mayo sank into the ocean. cinc od e mayo ! sink of the mayo!

Now that summers is quickly coming lots of college kids are out and if ur still a minor you are almost done. So, it is time to start thinking about what your doing this summer and i mean how are you going to better your self as a guitarist? With all the extra time of summer it is an excellent opportunity to set a goal for your self. Improve your speed? Learn some theory? Start that build you have been talking about since October but never started( i fall there)? Well heres a chance to get yourself started by making a goal for your self. Starting today, May 5th summer ends roughly September 5th. Thats 4 months to do whatever you want to make your self a better guitarist, bassist, whatever!

So what are you guys gonna do this summer? Leave some info about your goals and at the end of the summer we'll resurect this thread to see how you all did!

Good Luck Everyone!
Gear

Soon to have Carvin California Carved Top
Fender MIM Strat (Warthog, Spotlight, Condor)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Valetronix Combo
Boss ME-50
Alvarez Acoustic
This summer i'm gonnaplay lots of music, lots of guitar, have lots of sex and drink lots of beer. It is summer after all, it only comes once a year. Warm weather, sunny beaches, bikini's, patio parties and all the loud, rude, crude and devastating rock n roll music you can handle.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
^Hmmm....I'll probably do the same **** I do during the year, except replace school with more hours at the job. I'm trying to start a band, but I all lack initiative.
I'm going to have fun, see my friends and play guitar when I want to (and ONLY when I want to. If you force yourself to play, it becomes a chore and you end up hating it). And celebrate finally being free of secondary school.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Summer is all about $$$.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Unfortunately I work all summer (from 8-4 everyday)..so that leaves very little time for practicing. However, once school comes around again i'm going to be taking a music theory course
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric
Oscar Shmidt OE-30 w/ Bigsby
Ibanez V70cent Electric Acoustic
Carlo Robelli CW4110 Acoustic

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
Customize my Destroyer which i'm in the process of sanding now. Going to paint it white.
Build/sell 5 guitars by the end of the year alteast, I hope to build 3 or 4 of them during the summer. Good way to hone my trade and make some money. I'm in the process of doing 2 of them already, and hope to exceed 5 (I may end up doing only 3 or 4 or doing 6 or 8). I also intend to take up airbrushing and hopefully be able to do true fire by the end of the summer.

To better my playing i'm recording an album. My solo/debut album with me on guitar and vocals (possibly getting a good singer buddy of mine) and random appearances from friends (jam tracks ).
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'