Page 1 of 2
This is the new Lava ELC (Extreme Low Capacitance) cable made in the USA exclusively for Lava cable:

20 feet: $69.95 This has already ranked no# 1 out several of the brand Lava Cable offers. Read review: Lava ELC review
Lava Man

Your One Stop High-End Custom Cable Shop
judging by your username and the info you posted and what not, do you work for Lava or something? This post seems like an ad

or were you just spreading the word of what you felt was a great product? abiet being really over priced for a guitar cord.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
Quote by godofshred
LAVA MAN, IS....HERE

those neutrik jacks?
why not use the neutrik silencer

The new Neutrik Silent plug is an option...
Lava Man

Sorry man, but UG doesn't like advertising.

I don't want to discourage people like you ( who know what they're talking about ), so I guess I'll let this slide, since you're not asking people to buy your product or anything. If the other mods feel like closing it. . . sorry.

Hmm, 20 feet for $70? Ouch.
Well, if you've got the money. . .

I was reading a post over on HRI about how they noticed the difference between an Evidence cable used one way, and then switched to the opposite side. . .
Damn, thats funny. Maybe they stepped on an end one too many times and cracked the solder =x

Personally I just use dimarzio braided cables, they're durable, pretty quiet, have a warranty and they arent too expensive. Works for me
Quote by iain4444
judging by your username and the info you posted and what not, do you work for Lava or something? This post seems like an ad

or were you just spreading the word of what you felt was a great product? abiet being really over priced for a guitar cord.

Seriously. Maybe my ear sucks but I could give two ****s about what cord I'm using.
Well, when you get into the really high quality cables, I guess it is.

It's like saying ENGL's are competitively priced - some people may scoff at the fact that a Powerball is what, $2000, but to others, that is competitively priced.

As far as I know, those Lava cables are cheaper than the Evidence's, so that's a start.
Wow, expensive cables. What would be the the difference between this and the $15 ones I usually buy?
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
I use pete cornish cables...

and yeah, these lava ones are priced competitively.
Bah. If it's got two plugs and can reach across a room, it's good enough for me. $20 max.
Quote by Cmogi10

Thanks. I agree.
Lava Man

Of course they'll be better than a $15 cable, but $70 for 20ft? No thanks. I'll make my own and pocket the rest of the cash. It's not like it's hard to make a good cable.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
lets just use telephone wires, theyre around the same price per foot
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
not gonna lie thats a tad pricey for a cable that a live musician like me would break in under a month, im so glad i went wireless
I think it's cool that you posted this..... If you're a musician who likes everything to go well at a show you need the top of the line equiptment and cables are part of that to. It seems like most the people on here are bedroom players, rather than players trying to get some where with their musical talents. Cool stuff man.
^
haha, are you kidding? I've played for years, I've gigged, I may even be touring in the summer, but I've never needed a $75 cable to do so. In fact, I still have the first $10 cable I ever bought and it still works like new.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
And where is it that you're touring????? Maybe I could come check your band out. What kind of muci you play. Oh and the reason this looks good to me is because I've spent hundreds of dollars on cables and mine always mess up, so I'll by some over priced ones and never have the problem again, in theory this may save me money ya know.
Well what happens when you drop a cab or something on the cable and it breaks? You've got a $110 broken cable. You have to treat everything with respect and you wont have many problems. If you buy a decent cable for a decent price (not a cheapy or anything.. just a decent quality with a warranty) you'll be more than good enough to get by. I personally don't think that I'd ever want or need something so expensive for my cables, especially how I've got a christload of them. I can't forsee spending more on cables than I have on my guitar or amplifier.. And don't forget, more expensive doesn't make them more durable, with products this expensive its sound quality that they rave about, not durability.

Yes, there are alot of bedroom players on here, there are alot of novice players on here, this isnt a professional player's forum.
Quote by Cmogi10

and two rock, cant forget the two rock carl!

im a cable guy myself

van damme cable with neutrik jacks (main) (20 foot is £20)
george l vintage red .155 for pedalboard (about £3 per patch)

hell yeah
Last edited by godofshred at May 9, 2006,
i understand that you make the product, but could you still try to comment on more than just agreeing with the praise?

but anyway, good cables are important - i always go braided (the carvin cables are good, 25 feet for 15 dollars, braided, good quality - you'd be surprised how far 15 bucks can go)

dimarzio and planet waves are also good
-Mike
Last edited by HopePoisoned at May 9, 2006,
I got my first braided cable a year ago and its yet to **** up. I've got two of them now- dimarzio. Great price, great quality, and a warranty! So if they mess up you can get new ones.. Something about the plastic just doesn't do it.. they seem to get tangled and then stuck in that shape, crimped together, etc. It seems to ruin the cable.. I spent about $200 on cables in my first two years and then I went out and bought one that has lasted me another year and a half since then.

I'm about to make a bunch of my own custom sized cables for my rig but I'm not sure how I should go about that..
My dad makes his own cables and they don't fail him. That seems like a more logical way to go now that I just thought of it.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
I got my first braided cable a year ago and its yet to **** up. I've got two of them now- dimarzio. Great price, great quality, and a warranty! So if they mess up you can get new ones.. Something about the plastic just doesn't do it.. they seem to get tangled and then stuck in that shape, crimped together, etc. It seems to ruin the cable.. I spent about $200 on cables in my first two years and then I went out and bought one that has lasted me another year and a half since then.

I'm about to make a bunch of my own custom sized cables for my rig but I'm not sure how I should go about that..

buy a 10meter reel or so and some jacks

i did that with my whole rig

nick
Quote by godofshred
and two rock, cant forget the two rock carl!

im a cable guy myself

van damme cable with neutrik jacks (main) (20 foot is £20)
george l vintage red .155 for pedalboard (about £3 per patch)

hell yeah

I use a two rock speaker cable but I stick with the cornish ones for everything in front of the input.

I would never go wireless...

tone sucking creation.
Quote by atticus_08
I think it's cool that you posted this..... If you're a musician who likes everything to go well at a show you need the top of the line equiptment and cables are part of that to. It seems like most the people on here are bedroom players, rather than players trying to get some where with their musical talents. Cool stuff man.

Thanks.
Lava Man

Quote by HopePoisoned
guess you haven't used many good wireless systems

I have...but cmon, AB my rig with Cornish and two rock cables and a good wireless system I hear a difference..

Cables aren't that much of a burdon.

I dont need to spin my guitar around
^ because its monster i use a monster from my guitar to pedal board and pedal board to amp but all my little cables in between pedals are livewires because if i break on i dont care there like 10 bucks and if i had monsters for those then they would be like 25......i only use really good cables for the main stretches from guitar to amp and that stuff
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
i forgot to add, my Stagg cables still going, a year and a half (i think) after i bought it. it only cost me about £15
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Page 1 of 2