I need some help from u guys im gettin strings replaced tommorow cuz the ones I have now suck their all shaky and sound crappy when i slide up and down. I like tuning down low( 1 step down, maybe even 2 steps down at times ) and the strings i have now are shaky when they go down that low. What gauge of string do I want?? Just give me a number that's all I need thnx
Member #6 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
I use Zakk Wylde GHS boomers (I tune as low as Drop B, it actually sounds nice as low as Drop C). 60 - 10 size. There is a 70 - 12 size as well.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
i go for a ultra heavy/ultra light custom set kinda like skull busters mixed with 9 gauges

i go 70,60 50something, then the basic 9 gauge progression

gives me smooth upper leads and really great powerchords the only downfall is that you need a decent grip or big hands to fret some chords but i have both so it doesnt bother me much
its what you play not how fast you play it
Err, btw I use my strings & guitar to play mostly metal & grunge music. (Soundgarden, Shadows Fall, Mnemic, Alice In Chains.)
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
I would go at least .011 for drop D and C stuff; maybe even .012. The strings will be rather loose if go any thinner.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.