I wrote this over the past couple of days trying to emulate the whole Explosions in The Sky/Mono/Mogwai kind of sound but adding my own sound into it also.
It's meant to be played instrumentaly (sp?) and i have not added drums or bass... yet.
It would be classified under the Post Rock genre i suppose.
Edit: There is also some sweet shred.
Attachments:
Post Rock.zip
Schecter C-1 Classic
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 602
Line 6 DL-4
Line 6 FM-4
Boss MT-2
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah Limited
Electro Harmonix Small Stone
Last edited by xdespairfactor at May 5, 2006,
listening now...

the intro is sweet. i like the feel of the tremolo picking...the part that starts around 2min is also cool. the arpeggio sweeps at the end are very tasteful.

nice job dude
if i cut off your arms and legs
and wrap you in some fucked-up cocoon,
would you still look at me and say
"you can't catch what you can't see"
well i caught you honey,
like the clap sugar.
what do you think of that?
Yeah the part around 2 minutes is my fav. part in the song :-p

Thanks for the compliments
Schecter C-1 Classic
Line 6 DL-4
Line 6 FM-4
Boss MT-2
MXR Phase 90
this just furthers my desire to start a post rock type band. i find it harder to tab out post rock songs vs most other types because of dynamics and what not, but you did a good job. i liked the part at around 2 minutes too. my usual complaint for songs on here is that they're too repetative, but you can't help but get that with post rock i would say and it doesn't get in the way here. i suppose there could be more contrast, but of course it's hard to tab out long builds. the ending is weak. i take it you're going to keep working on it because most post rock songs are longer than this. nice work.

thanks for checking out my song. i actually submitted another one lately that i made without post rock in mind, yet someone said it sounded like that. thought it might be of interest to you.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=346694
Last edited by hthedinga at May 5, 2006,
i have more stuff to it but ran out of room in tabit. your song is awesome by the way.
Schecter C-1 Classic
Line 6 DL-4
Line 6 FM-4
Boss MT-2
MXR Phase 90
Sounds smooth and calm. I really really liked it, instead of just opening it up I saved it... thats how good it was man.
"1456"... if you're reading this, you know what the code means, and i mean every word of it.... 1456!!!
thanks
Schecter C-1 Classic
Line 6 DL-4
Line 6 FM-4
Boss MT-2
MXR Phase 90
i thought it was all really good up, only part i wasn't too sure of was at the 3:30 minute mark and after, i can't quite say why but i just didnt really like that part, just seemed to go against the rest of the song, its not bad by any means though. The rest had an awesome chilled out ambient feel, kinda reminded me of sigur ros, id recommended checking them out if you haven't already heard anything by them, anyways, overall i really liked it, check out mine if you can?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373602
...i live for sigur
Schecter C-1 Classic
Line 6 DL-4
Line 6 FM-4
Boss MT-2
MXR Phase 90