Yes, I made a thread a while back, but it got old, nobody really said anything, and instead of bumping it, I decided to make this one, and explain a little better.

On the B and G string, the 12 fret, harmonic, and open string are perfect pitch with each other... which means i have about perfect intonation.

BUT, on the first few frets, the pitch is very sharp. This decreases until I get to the 12 fret, which is perfectly in tune.

open: perfect
1st: sharp
2nd: sharp
3rd: sharp

This descreases until 12th, which again, is perfecty in tune.

Is it possible my nut it raised to high or something?

I have a tune-o-matic, jumbo frets, and pretty new strings. (epi les paul studio)
truss rod probably , take it to get setup
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
are you checking your intonation in standard. and also i think the g string is the hardest to do intonation on
Thats normal, its always going to be slightly out so you can't really get "perfect intonation". Unless your frets are out by like a semitone thats a problem.
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
Are you fretting consistantly? The harder to fret a note, the sharper it gets.

yeah that's true, and note that he has jumbo frets which could exaggerate this.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
I usually use my amps chromatic tuner. (I also have a Korg Chromatic tuner that I use sometimes, and it reads the same) And believe me, I have good ears, and I can hear that it's out of tune. My friends Squier didn't even do this.

Tuner on open string:
b _ _ |_| _ _ #

Tuner on first fret:
B _ _ _ |_| _ #

The light moves a whole dot. And I'm definately not pressing to hard. (I hope those diagrams make sense)

I'm just sick of not being able to play barre chords without it sounding like crap!
From what I remember about setting up guitars, it is probably a problem with the nut. It is likely that the strings are way too high in the nut. Fret at the third fret and and tell us distance between the first fret and the string.
play the third fret and measure the distance between the string and the 1st whilst stil fretting the third. This well tell us if your string is too high or low on the nut
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
mm
My Gear:

well, when you fret the third, does the string touch the fret wire of the first fret?
My Gear:

like a week ago. It did this before I changed strings. It's been like this since I got it. I've set intonation, got the action where I like it, and changed strings.

Tabber666: No it doesn't. It's pretty close though.
Where are you pressing on the fret? Make sure you are as close to the fretwire as possible, and press it very lightly. OIther than that, I'd say its normal. I have yet to see a guitar with pergect intonation.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
well all ican think of now is to losen the string and put some pencil marks under the string at the nut to loosen it up this will help it stay where it should be and not jump really far out of tune. Also, when it goes flat tune it up again. When I did this with my strat I have to tune up at least 10 times before it stabalised. Make sure it's not too tight tho!
My Gear:

Well that maybe so. But my guitar sounds out of tune when it's tune perfectly and the intonation on the 12th fret is perfect.

When I play this type of barre chord, the G string is out of tune:

e-4--
b-4--
g-5--
d-6--
a-6--
e-4--

When I play this type of barre chord, the B string is out of tune:

e-4--
b-6--
g-6--
d-6--
a-4--
e-4--

It's like that up and down the fret.

and it sound horribe, and everything is tuned perfectly open stringed, harmonic on 12th, and fretted on 12.
are you sure you are playing the chords right? i know it's obvious but if it's tuned perfectly, it cant be out of tune
My Gear:

Quote by Ignite
...I am, haha. My friends Squier sounds in tune when I play barre chords on it. I think Epi's just suck, or I got a guitar from hell. I should just sell it on ebay and get an Agile.

yea you should. If everything is in tune perfectly and everything is right then it should sound right unless your neck is bent. I would just sell it. Agiles are better than Epi's anyday. Or you could save up for a Gibson.
My Gear:

Yeah I'm thinking the neck could be bent. Maybe it has bad fretting. Like maybe some of the frets are too low/high. Meh.. I dunno.

You've actually got my dream guitar Tabber666. I've been wanting a Gibson LP Studio for a long time. I should get a used one off ebay, haha.

Thanks for all your help, too.