i have a tsl 60 and when i played it through my strat, and somehow i got electricuted by the strings. then i was about to put down the guitar and my right hand got burned by the bridge and its still numb right now. what is wrong with my amp? is it because my power supply is bad? did this ever happen to you guys?
JAMONE
First thing, quit playing the ****ing guitar. Your Strat is not properly grounded. Does this happen with other guitars?
dang dude thats bad its definatly the guitar, try with another guitar, but if it still happens, then your amp isnt grounded because of faulty wiring or something
Surely with the amount of current going through the guitar, it can't be that bad. It happens when I lay my bare arm over the strings sometimes, but it's hardly a shock.
These go to eleven...
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
Surely with the amount of current going through the guitar, it can't be that bad. It happens when I lay my bare arm over the strings sometimes, but it's hardly a shock.

Doesn't mean it can't happen, though. There have been freak occurences where a guy was playing his guitar, touched his lips to the microphone and was killed because of a poorly wired guitar mixed with a faulty amp. Normally, no, there's not much power in the circuitry of a guitar. But if there's a problem with the amp and the guitar is poorly wired... zzzzzzap.

That's why I never understood grounding the guitar to something that the player touched anyway...
Hi, I'm Peter
actually my guitar worked fine for me for almost a year now. after i got shocked i just switched to my 15 watt practice amp and practiced for about thirty more minutes and it was all fine. its got to do something with the amp, but i dont really know what. the ground on the amp cord is still there and its fine but where the hell is the extra electric coming out of?
JAMONE
You should take it to the guitar shop, tell them what happened. By the way, are you doing something stupid like using a 3 prong to 2 prong converter so that it's not properly grounded in the socket? Or did you pull the ground plug out?
Hi, I'm Peter
**** man this happened me the other day with my strat copy, i hav a tsl602 too, ****in freaky i was just playin away and i got a nasty shock from the bridge
If i were you, i would check out both your guitar and your tsl amp. The last thing we want is for you to end up injured. I would seriously check it out, it might even be the plug socket your plugging into...
I would think it was the amp, not the guitar. The same thing is happening to me with my amp and pod. Take it to an electrician. Don't wait cause it can screw up your arms, hands, and it just hurts like f***. Its bad when you start to become afraid to turn your guitar euipment on. lol. Is the amp that's electricuting you a two or three prong plug?
"ya see baseball got it all wrong...a man with four balls can't walk"
Quote by monkeyman4jesus
I would think it was the amp, not the guitar. The same thing is happening to me with my amp and pod. Take it to an electrician. Don't wait cause it can screw up your arms, hands, and it just hurts like f***. Its bad when you start to become afraid to turn your guitar euipment on. lol. Is the amp that's electricuting you a two or three prong plug?

its a three prong, i think its the ****ty guitar i have cos it doesnt look like it was wired real good
thread starter how is your amp plugged, 2 plug into a 3 plug adapter or vice-versa or just striaght into the wall?

Please give us more info so we can help you out.