Well I always wanted a tele but I never really found one that I really liked asthetically. Well except for a butterscotch blonde Fender but let's not talk about that broken dream. Anyways I came across one that I love asthetically. It's a Samick. I never really heard of this brand making high end guitars but meh... I am looking for an opinion on whether or not I should get this guitar? It's cheap (price wise) and I will probably have to upgrade parts. I can't try this guitar out cause no store around my area even sells this brand. So can anyone give me some advice. Basically is it decent enough quality for me to buy and upgrade without it still being crap it is originally. Oh and the guitar in question is this Samick Formula. I will be using it for my mellow type of music and alot of clean stuff. Mabey some Blink-182 type stuff also. That's all if I get it.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Last edited by OsirisProtocol at May 5, 2006,
A local guitar shop here in Fredericksburg, VA has that guitar. I haven't actually played it, but I might be able to check it out for you on Monday.
Obligatory Gear List:
Dean Vendetta 2.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Ibanez PF5-BK Acoustic
O sweet. If you could that would be a major help. See people now Hovertruck is a GOOD SAMARITAN.

Until Monday. If anyone else has any info on this guitar can you post please?
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Yeah, my guitar store is a major Samick *****. Dean also.

They actually have a used Jackson/Carvin Model 1. Not sure if it's any good. Not to hijack the thread, but anyone know anything about it?
Obligatory Gear List:
Dean Vendetta 2.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Ibanez PF5-BK Acoustic
Not too sure myself since I'm not really a Jackson fan. Anyone have any input on either of our questions?
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Just curious, have you tried regular Teles from Fender? Lots of online stores have massive promos still going on and usually, you can negotiate prices down with regular stores like GC, specially towards the end of the month. For example, a MIM Tele is around mid $200s and although the neck is not as smooth as a MIA, I figured one could get used to it anyway. Just a thought.
I said I don't like Fender tele's asthetically. Not to bash em or anything but I never really liked em.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

i dont really like their looks aswell with the pickguard but take the pickguard off and its a completely different story