So everyone here is obsessed with tube amps, but noone ever says anything good about solid state. There are a lot of good solid state amps out there, what are the favorites here on UG. My personal favorite is the Roland Blues Cube 60. It's got a Fender-y sounding clean channel, and a Marshall JCM 800 sounding lead channel, and they both sound amazing. My other favorite is the Roland Jazz Chorus.
i actually like the line 6
just not for anything other than bedroom practice
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Hughes and Kettner Edition Blue 30.

the only SS amp that i actually sort of like.

YAY!! Go Edition Blue 30. It was my second amp and I still have it. It is pretty good beginner solid state amp. I like the cube 60 better though.
Vox Valvetronix
Long Live Rock

Be it dead or alive..

Founding Member of the Capital Punishment to people posting about Guns N Roses in the Classic Rock Forum Club. PM me to join.

a proudly scarred member of the Windmiller's Club
Concerning the Roland Cube 60.... If I were to plug it into a cabinet would it make it louder?
roar
My first and only amp is a Fender Princeton 650... and it kinda grew on me. It's actually better than I used to think it was.

I also like some Peaveys. Like the Audition 110.

But tubes sound SO much better.
^ Princetons are alright, especially for the price.

I love the cleans on a JC120. And some of the Felxtones are pretty good too.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
i enjoy playing with my old peavey bandit 112 combo... its clean is good but the distortion is ... i dont go anywhere near that crap distortion, because it just makes my ears bleed everytime i hear it! but if i put a dist. pedal through it, (which i hate using OD pedals) it sounds ok for a bedroom amp...
brizzah
It's uncool to like SS amps on this forum

Hughes and Kettner (any of their stuff)
Randall (Any of their stuff)
Line 6 Flextones and above
Orange Crush series
^ Yea, the Crush have good cleans. The overdrive is pretty brash though. Atleast ont he smaller ones.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Cube 60, go!
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Flextones are my favourite SS amps.
Quote by Shakespeare
The man that hath no music in himself, Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, And his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted.